Author Topic: First squirrel calls  (Read 3117 times)

Offline Mark at Bad Medicine Game Calls

• New Forum Member
First squirrel calls
« on: January 14, 2011, 09:22:08 PM »
These are my first squirrel calls.  I really really enjoyed making them too.  They are super easy and quick to make.  The first one is spalted curly maple from dbroswoods and the second is flamed ash crotch that is also from dbros.  All the wood I got from him is awesome and super dry!  Thanks for the great product Justin!  The ash has 4 coats of spar on it and is super shiny but the pics didn't show it very well

What do you all think?  Any comments and critiques are welcome!
Mark Levasseur

Brandon, VT

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.   Isaiah 40:31

Offline Two Creeks Calls

• New Forum Member
Re: First squirrel calls
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 07:40:38 AM »
They look pretty good, fun arent they!
I am not a call maker, but I play one on the internet

Offline Mark at Bad Medicine Game Calls

• New Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 03:23:22 PM »
They are so much fun to make!  Easy, not hard to tune, quick now if only squirrel season hadn't ended I'd be out blasting some of them little buggers
Mark Levasseur

Brandon, VT

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.   Isaiah 40:31

Offline Brian at DDT Game Calls

• New Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 11:32:40 PM »
squirrel doesm't end here is mississippi till end of feb, and i have seen tons of them while deer hunting, but the way it goes is when deer ends and i squirrel hunt I won't see any but will see deer!!! I guess I should take me a pellet gun while deer hunting to shoot squirrel, I have only messed with 2 calls so far but they are easy!!