Author Topic: woodpecker guts help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 2427 times)

Offline Jon Kennedy Custom Calls

• CCM
  • New Forum Member
woodpecker guts help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: December 10, 2010, 09:49:48 PM »
I was on an ordering spree the other day and received shipment today from Al !! would like to try my hand at a few predator calls! I have a few wood pecker guts and a bunch of bite guts Not quite sure on what to do with the wood pecker and bite guts any pictures or ideas would help :innocent: :innocent: !!!!!

Minnesota `
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 10:00:14 PM by Minnesota »

Offline Al_at_THO Game Calls

• Owner, THO Game Calls Forums & Store
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
Re: woodpecker guts help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 08:36:39 AM »
If you can make a grunt call, you can make a woodpecker call.  They go together the exact same way.    Easy.   The small O ring goes on the tone board,and you use your hand to vary back pressure.  These make an excellent Yellow Hammer Woodpecker.   THey sound positively mournful.    You'll end up feeling sorry for whatever is making the sound  :rofl:

The bite call reeds can either be seated with a MT2 taper fit, which they are designed for, or you can use the tutorial on modifying crow call guts to turn them down to 1/2" and use O rings to seat them. 

I believe, pretty much everything I wrote here is on the ordering page on the web site, so if this drops off the page, you can find most of it there, or you can e mail me or give me a call on the shop phone, the number is on the first page of the store.    Always here to help if you need it, or shoot the breeze if you want too.

Al @ THO