Author Topic: 12ga. Squirrel Call  (Read 4225 times)

alscalls

12ga. Squirrel Call
« on: October 28, 2009, 10:34:11 PM »
When I buffed this call I found the brass platting to be very thin.....so I will either buff it all off.....or gold leaf it...What do you fellers think??

Offline Al_at_THO Game Calls

• Owner, THO Game Calls Forums & Store
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
Re: 12ga. Squirrel Call
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 05:48:25 AM »
Creative - but I like the acorn ones much better.   Those are just cool.   

AL @ THO

Brandon_4078

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 01:50:02 AM »
ANOTHER GREAT SQUIRREL CALL!!!!! :bigup:

Okay heres my honest opinion. Love your acorn calls but i like this one better. However i would shorten the wooden part up. The call all together looks to long for the diameter. Keep'm commin!

I had a similar idea with another type of call. But icouldn't figure how to get the hunk of plastic out of the brass without torching it and ruining the brass finish :gun_bandana:. Any ideas there???

To your problem I say keep the silver color thats the color that Federal uses so it still look like a shell.

Offline Prairie Game Calls

• Global Mentor & Moderator
  • New Forum Member
    • Prairie Calls
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 07:26:09 PM »
I like the idea you came up with but for some reason it doesn't jump out at me :huh: What would it look like with the bellows on the brass end of the call just over the rim of the shell???

Larry
July Winner Of the Call Makers Throw Down!!
Listed in Earl Mickels Last Book
Silver Life Member NWTF

alscalls

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 08:59:44 AM »
Well the reason it is so long is Sound.....It sounds freaking awesome!!!
I can put the bellows on the other end but I would first drill the Brass and make an insert to attach the bellows as to not cover up the lip of the brass. I would also keep a 1/4" hole in the bell end and just carve the look of a crimped shell around the edges of the hole......It is much faster this way and I have so many folks wanting them I think It will be a while before I can get to change anything.
The wall thickness on the body of this call is 1/16" and the purple heart it is made from is easily cracked if you get it too hot being so thin...........But it is worth the effort.