Author Topic: The 5 minute tone board  (Read 17926 times)

Offline Hawks Feather

• New Forum Member
Re: The 5 minute tone board
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2008, 11:53:33 AM »
Al,

Thanks for making this post.  I am sure that it will help many call makers get started with their own tone boards.  It is a very professional thing that you have done here and also with your other tutorials.

Jerry
Hawk's Feather Calls
Jerry L. Latta
220 Main Street
Defiance, OH  43512-2316
Hawks_Feather@mac.com
http://www.hawksfeathercustompredatorcalls.com/
CPCMCA  http://www.custompredatorcallassociation.com/

Offline dogcatcher

• New Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2008, 01:46:20 PM »
Brian

On the Echo, chuck it in a collet chuck and run a 1/4" bit real slow to clean out the air channel.  Too fast and the drill bit can run of center, and I mean slow speed on rotation and slow in drilling into it.  You will also need to open up the exhaust end start with a 1/2" bit and goes as far as you can with out getting the plastic too thin, then drop down with smaller bits, step drilling to the cork slot.  I do not cut off the cork slot, I keep it so I don't have to use a castration band.   For another version try a double reed, make the top reed a little smaller and different shape, don't forget to dimple it or it will stick.  It will sort of look like a Syco tweety, and no I did not copy theirs, I made them like this for years before I ever saw a tweety.  And yes anyone may copy me, I consider it public domain.

Marvin
Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
Old style calls for today's outdoorsman
"Call and they will come."
Helping those that are helping themselves.

Offline rwehuntn

• New Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2008, 01:11:24 AM »
Thanks again Al for another great tip.

rwehuntn

Bonjour

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2008, 06:08:50 PM »
That is a cool idea Al. I might have to give a few predator calls a try. I have a public jig that I just got from Wade and have been so busy doing turkey calls that I haven't even had a chance to use it.     Ryan