Author Topic: toneboards, howler or distress  (Read 3497 times)

Offline John_NY

• New Forum Member
  • I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy
    • J.B. Calls
toneboards, howler or distress
« on: April 07, 2008, 12:14:39 PM »
I hope this hasn't been asked. If it was I couldn't find it. Does anybody on here make toneboards for sale? I make my own from delrin and once in awhile from antler but I also like using different ones. Does anybody here make howler and distres boards and sell them. Something else I am curious about, does anyone here make a good bear cub toneboard? I can't get the sound I want and I hate the commercial one I bought. It locks up all the time.
Thanks
John

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

JB Custom Calls

Offline Braz

• THO Game Calls Asst Forum Manager
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Calls by Braz
Re: toneboards, howler or distress
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 04:38:16 PM »
You should try Al's site. He makes and sells some outstanding tone boards. I use a lot of them as they are great. As to the bear call, I believe folks use the JC 002.
Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Offline Al_at_THO Game Calls

• Owner, THO Game Calls Forums & Store
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 05:29:42 PM »
I only have the molded tone boards right now.   I dont have the time to make the others and there were a few "funny" things that happened to them recently - like someone ordering one of each and then a month later starting to sell molded boards.  Hmmmm....makes a guy wonder.  Anyway, I only stock the molded ones now, but stay tuned for an important post on tone boards in the near future.  I think you will like it.

AL @ THO

Offline Troy of Run -N- Gun Game Calls

• New Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 05:44:41 PM »
Why do you do this,Don't you know I have way to much stress in my life already.And to day is even worse this sound file thing has got me all stressed out and now you are teasing us.Why

Offline John_NY

• New Forum Member
  • I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy
    • J.B. Calls
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 05:54:43 PM »
Yeah don't tease us. I'm old. I could have a stroke waiting on the surprise.

John
Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

JB Custom Calls

Offline Al_at_THO Game Calls

• Owner, THO Game Calls Forums & Store
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 12:52:22 AM »
Because I have like 50 bands to finish polishing and dont have time to write it up right now LOL

You want the guys who ordered bands to come here and kick my sorry butt? ???

It's 12"51 AM here, I left the shop about 20 minutes ago   You all are a bunch of slave drivers  :)

AL @ THO

Offline Troy of Run -N- Gun Game Calls

• New Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 12:56:21 AM »
I seen some where on here that you hired some help.What you have not show him how to cut bands yet.And he should be quick he has four hands.