Author Topic: Quick question on pot calls  (Read 4061 times)

Offline K Ard

• New Forum Member
Quick question on pot calls
« on: February 13, 2020, 11:18:16 AM »
For this upcoming turkey season I wanted to do something special for my 9 yearold son.  That thought combined with the fact I needed a new pot call got me to thinking about the two of us putting together a couple of calls for ourselves.  Pot call making has always been intriguing to me but I don't have a lathe and have too many other hobbies going on to invest in one at the moment (latest hobby has been hand loading shotgun shells and I've loaded my son some TSS shells for his 28 this season).  We've enjoyed making wingbone calls together in the past, and I thought making the pot calls together would be something memorable for us to do for this season.  All of that to say, I've purchased some preturned pots and materials for us to put a couple of calls together.  One will be crystal over slate and the other glass over slate.  One is in lacewood and the other in maple.  My question though, and it may be a dumb one, is how adding a photo inside of the call might affect it.  I've seen some people modge podge a photo to the bottom of the playing surface in the past but I've wondered if that would deaden the sound.  My other thought was to glue the photo on top of the slate sound board but I figured that too might deaden the sound or completely kill the roll over.  Any advice you all could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Offline K Ard

• New Forum Member
Re: Quick question on pot calls
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 11:58:35 AM »
So no suggestions? :helpsmilie:

Offline majordog

• New Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2020, 04:44:40 PM »
I was hoping someone would answer you too.....I am curous.
Don Anadell  Backyard Custom Calls

Offline NateFrame

• New Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2020, 09:47:45 PM »
I don’t know why but these forums have pretty much died off.  You would want to clue your photo to the soundboard under the striking surface.  As long as the proper space between the soundboard and striking surface is there you shouldn’t have issues with the sound.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 09:52:20 PM by NateFrame »