Author Topic: Trolls?  (Read 4076 times)

Offline RSmalleyLLGC

• New Forum Member
  • duck call maker
Trolls?
« on: October 22, 2019, 08:22:34 AM »
I am rather new to the call making business.  I have sold quite a few calls through posting on different Facebook pages.  I have been contacted by multiple people who claim they work for guide services and know a bunch of people in the industry that can make my "call career" expand.  They say they really like my calls, and want a few sent to them to display for their clients and would make orders, and then send back my calls, so I can reproduce the exact call for their clients. 

Am I being trolled?  I obviously would not just send off finished calls without some type of payment.  I know there are hunters out there that ask for free gear/calls and claim they will advertise their calls for them.  I just want to know if any of you have pursued these types of offers, or if i should tell these people to kick rocks. 

Thanks!

Offline FDR

• Global Mentor & Moderator
  • New Forum Member
Re: Trolls?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 08:44:54 AM »
Am I being trolled?  Probably.  Get your calls out there by going to shows, Facebook, etc.  If you don't know the guys personally or have not met them at a show and know they are legitimate don't give away your stuff.

Fred
Fred Roe
Reelfoot, the original duck call. What's on your lanyard?

Offline BigB

• THO Game Calls Forum Manager
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Byers Custom Calls THO gallery
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2019, 10:00:11 PM »

Most Callmakers get the asked that same thing several times a week, if not daily this time of year. Most of the time, the requests get ignored.

Brian
You won't get money rich in this hobby.  The richness is in the culture, the craft, the friends you meet along the way, and being able to call in a wary game animal with a call that you made with your own hands.

Offline LagrueCustomCalls

• New Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2019, 08:49:41 AM »
Just people trying to get free calls. Ignore them and walk on....
There's a duck call in that block of wood. I just have to find it!