Author Topic: Blurry Photobucket Pics  (Read 7487 times)

Offline James Strickland

• Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Bayou Legacy Game Calls
Blurry Photobucket Pics
« on: October 03, 2019, 10:14:47 AM »
Anyone else seeing blurry photobucket pics in the posts/tutorials?  I know Photobucket has always been problematic.  But, I haven't been able to find a solution to this latest issue. 

I was trying to look up some tutorials and all the pics are blurred out with a Photobucket watermark over them.  Wondering if the original poster has let their Photobucket login expire.

Offline James Strickland

• Administrator
  • New Forum Member
Re: Blurry Photobucket Pics
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2019, 10:21:20 AM »
I think I may have figured it out.  Looks like photos are blurry if the users Photobucket account is "restricted" like mine.  I pulled up some old posts of mine and the pics are blurred out.  And, when I click on the pic to go to Photobucket I get a message saying my account is restricted because I have too many pics.  Photobucket wants me to sign up for their premium plan for $6/month to remove the restriction.  Bummer... lots of old posts and tutorials now have blurry images.

Offline Al_at_THO Game Calls

• Owner, THO Game Calls Forums & Store
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2019, 02:32:12 PM »
Wish there was a way to fix it.   I never understood the issue though.   About $4.95 a month was the going rate for a web site that would have allowed you to host your own photos.   I think Go Daddy was less than 3 bucks.    I could not have afforded to host all the photos posted on this forum back then.   You guys took a lot of pictures.   

Al @ THO

Offline majordog

• New Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2019, 03:08:19 PM »
there probably is a way to fix it Al......but it will require a 14 yearold jacked up on Moutain Dew Red and Flaming Hot Cheetos.......I dont think any of us "past a certain age" gentlemen have the know how......

:2up:
Don Anadell  Backyard Custom Calls

Offline MadTrapper

• New Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2019, 10:35:13 PM »
If you're not a paying member, you don't get to view pics from them.  Period. 

I hate Photobucket.   :hammer:
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it". - George Bernard Shaw

Barry @ WildThings

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2019, 09:20:48 AM »
I think I may have figured it out.  Looks like photos are blurry if the users Photobucket account is "restricted" like mine.  I pulled up some old posts of mine and the pics are blurred out.  And, when I click on the pic to go to Photobucket I get a message saying my account is restricted because I have too many pics.  Photobucket wants me to sign up for their premium plan for $6/month to remove the restriction.  Bummer... lots of old posts and tutorials now have blurry images.

From the email they sent me:
"Photobucket currently hosts over 130 million photos for over 11 million free users! Effective June 1, 2019, new hosting limits will take effect that will impact a small portion of our image hosters.

What Are the New Limits?
Free hosters will be restricted to 25MB of hosting bandwidth per month. YOUR CURRENT USAGE IS OVER 25MB PER MONTH SO THIS NEW LIMITATION WILL AFFECT YOU.

What Happens If I Go Over My Bandwidth Allowance?
Free hosters, like you, who use more than 25MB of bandwidth will have all of their hosted photos watermarked and blurred."

Offline James Strickland

• Administrator
  • New Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2019, 01:25:39 PM »
So, the only real solution is to pay the monthly fee.  Folks could delete down to 25MB of pics but that'd also likely kill the pics on THO that are showing up as blurred now.  Guess I'd rather have a blurred pic than no pic in the tutorials.