Author Topic: Maple Burl Stump Lampstand  (Read 4793 times)

Offline lazyMlazyK

• New Forum Member
    • KM Calls
Maple Burl Stump Lampstand
« on: August 08, 2016, 10:39:47 PM »
I haven't been on much, have been really busy...I've got a son on the way, due in October!  First kiddo!!!  The only downside is that darn honey-do list gets bigger and bigger as the day gets closer.  One of the things on my list is to make a tree stump lampstand.  My Dad and I cut a stump off at the ground that's been in his front yard for years that has some burl in it. I believe it is from a boxelder maple.  I've peeled the bark off, now I'm trying to get it cleaned up and bug free. The stump is pretty dang solid, with the only bugs I've found (centipedes and wood lice) just under the bark. What do you think the best way to clean it up would be?  I'm thinking maybe a power washer at a car wash?

http://kmcalls.webs.com/

‘‘To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them...’’

— Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Offline JCurren

• New Forum Member
Re: Maple Burl Stump Lampstand
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 11:20:16 PM »
First child - congrats! It is the most awesome thing in the world. And the biggest life-changing event you will ever see. You can't even imagine. Cherish every moment, they grow up fast. Our boys are 27 and 19, and it seems like yesterday...
"We enjoy the process far more than the proceeds."  Warren Buffett