Author Topic: Glue up  (Read 7565 times)

Offline Rick Howard

• New Forum Member
Re: Glue up
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2013, 11:13:49 PM »
Thanks for the kind words fellas.  I think Maple and Walnut were made to be glued together.

Marvin I was thinking about using a couple pieces of angle iron I have laying around for a jig.  I like the Dowel idea too.  That seems easier.  Do you have a preference for jig or dowel?
In life or anything worth partaking, if you have stopped trying to improve you have quit.

Offline dogcatcher

• New Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2013, 02:03:15 AM »
Thanks for the kind words fellas.  I think Maple and Walnut were made to be glued together.

Marvin I was thinking about using a couple pieces of angle iron I have laying around for a jig.  I like the Dowel idea too.  That seems easier.  Do you have a preference for jig or dowel?

I don't know about using angle iron, I use 2 pieces of wood that I have glued together, at a perfect 90 degrees.  But if I am on a glue up marathon I drill my blanks with a 1/4" bit and use the dowel.  When I say marathon I mean I will glue up a dozen or more blanks at a time.  If I only want one or two blanks I use my angle jig.

Marvin
Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
Old style calls for today's outdoorsman
"Call and they will come."
Helping those that are helping themselves.

Offline Rick Howard

• New Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2013, 10:08:40 AM »
Thanks, Marvin.
In life or anything worth partaking, if you have stopped trying to improve you have quit.