Author Topic: Alumilite Tutorial?  (Read 4849 times)

Atlantic Game Calls

Alumilite Tutorial?
« on: June 27, 2013, 02:26:56 PM »
There is a ton of great info on this forum but what I don't see if a tutorial for casting/mixing/using Alumilite. It is a product I would love to play with at the shop here because I think it could produce some awesome results for limited edition calls, etc. Anyone have a link to a tutorial or are able to tell me more about the process?

Offline Wes

• New Forum Member
Re: Alumilite Tutorial?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 02:39:06 PM »
Just google "Alumilite" There are all kinds of tutorials on the manufactures site...

Wes
There is a fine line between hobby  and mental illness .

Offline Brian at DDT Game Calls

• New Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 02:59:46 PM »
I don't think anything you watch will jhelp, mix one to one and pour, it will be trial and error with coloring it, and making molds(if you go there) but 1 1/2 ID PVC with the end caped and mix one to one and pour

Atlantic Game Calls

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 03:31:27 PM »
I don't think anything you watch will jhelp, mix one to one and pour, it will be trial and error with coloring it, and making molds(if you go there) but 1 1/2 ID PVC with the end caped and mix one to one and pour

So it is literally as simple as mixing it with a 1:1 ratio? Do we need a pressure pot or anything else?

What is used to dye it?

Offline Brian at DDT Game Calls

• New Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 04:40:19 PM »
Yes a pressure pot helps, alumilite sells dye and dust to mix with it, I like the way it turns but it isn't nearly as hard as acrylic, I dont even think it is as hard as some woods, the cool thing is mixing colors

Offline TurnTex

• New Forum Member
    • TurnTex Woodworks
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 11:57:34 AM »
Here are a few videos I did with the Alumilite company last year.  Hope they help some.

Curtis O. Seebeck
www.turntex.com
MesquiteMan's Cactus Juice stabilizing resin