Author Topic: Open Reed Calls  (Read 2134 times)

Ace243

Open Reed Calls
« on: June 16, 2012, 08:55:50 AM »
I'm new to call making and am trying to figure out how to make an open reed call but I'm not really getting very far. If any one could help out that would be awesome!!  :hunter1: :stickman1:

Offline Wane

• New Forum Member
Re: Open Reed Calls
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 09:24:30 AM »
Are you looking for inserts or making the yourself, Al here at THO has good inserts you can get in the THO store check it out.
Wane

Offline BigB

• THO Game Calls Forum Manager
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Byers Custom Calls THO gallery
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 07:09:20 PM »

We can help you out. What exactly do you need help with?  Asking for help on making an open reed call is pretty vague. Are you needing help selecting a lathe, mandrels, turning, making toneboards, etc.

Brian
You won't get money rich in this hobby.  The richness is in the culture, the craft, the friends you meet along the way, and being able to call in a wary game animal with a call that you made with your own hands.

Offline Rick Howard

• New Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 01:16:24 AM »
Like the other guys said if you give us some more info I am sure we can help you out.  Try to give us the details, like what materials you are using and how you are doing things.  As a general statement I would say spend the time to develop your own toneboard.  It will be more rewarding and you will learn a lot that will be helpful.   
In life or anything worth partaking, if you have stopped trying to improve you have quit.