Author Topic: A few new ones  (Read 5545 times)

Offline GN-1

• New Forum Member
A few new ones
« on: February 22, 2008, 07:59:45 AM »
A friend of mine is organizing a benefit to help some folks who lost everything in some tornadoes on super Tuesday. He asked if I could make some calls for door prizes. I only had a week to get these done, but I hope they will bring in some money for those folks. Shawn

All of them are bodock with the same basic barrel shape, just different shaped inserts.

Offline Al_at_THO Game Calls

• Owner, THO Game Calls Forums & Store
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
Re: A few new ones
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 08:30:48 AM »
Man those are pretty.  I love classic looking calls.  Traditional, timeless, just pure class in every way!

Thanks for posting them.    They are very very good!

AL @ THO

Offline Homochitto Hollow

• New Forum Member
  • Most Wanted
    • Homochitto Hollow Woodworks
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 09:10:13 AM »
VERY NICE......it is hard to beat a BoDock call of any type....they both sound great and look great.....the middle stopper is unique in every way...for a benefit where I live, these calls would fetch $200 each....hope you make alot of money
Bubba

Homochitto Hollow Woodworks

www.homochittohollow.com

Offline Braz

• THO Game Calls Asst Forum Manager
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Calls by Braz
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 11:12:39 AM »
Those are so pretty. I am a big fan of the "fence post" osage like that. It has such character and such wonderful colors. Those are great turns, beautiful, clean shapes letting the character of the wood show through. Great stuff. Should bring a nice sum to help out. Thanks for sharing with us.
Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Offline Bob from Eames Custom Calls

• Global Mentor & Moderator
  • New Forum Member
  • Eames Custom Calls
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 08:16:29 PM »
Osage has to be one of my favorite woods to play with. I'm in the middle of another Osage call now, and I love how nice it turns. Great job with the inserts, good classic lines.

Bob
My biggest fear is that I'll die and my wife will sell my callmaking supplies for what I told her they cost.....