Author Topic: Mother's Day gift  (Read 1804 times)

Offline lazyMlazyK

• New Forum Member
    • KM Calls
Mother's Day gift
« on: May 10, 2011, 07:13:10 PM »
Here's a picture of what I made my Mom for Mother's Day.  She collects spoons from everywhere around the world, and I figured I would make her a nice one, either for use or for her collection.  It's duno wood (bubinga?) laminated on both ends with water buffalo horn.
http://kmcalls.webs.com/

‘‘To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them...’’

— Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Offline Braz

• THO Game Calls Asst Forum Manager
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Calls by Braz
Re: Mother's Day gift
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 09:49:38 PM »
Now that is really cool. Where did you get the spoon? Did you just cut the handle off to enable you to slide it into the handle? Can't tell from the picture but I assume it's silver?
Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Offline sharpshooter

• New Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 08:46:32 AM »
That is cool man  :bigup: I'm also wondering how you got the spoon into the handle. I might have to try it.
If I can see it I can hit it, If I can hit it I can kill it.

Offline lazyMlazyK

• New Forum Member
    • KM Calls
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 12:32:09 PM »
Thanks for the kind words fellas.  I guess I didn't really think of finding a silver spoon to use for this project  :whistling: didn't think that one through well enough I guess.  It's just a spoon out of my drawer I chopped the original handle off of, then ground down the piece that I needed to fit into the hole drilled into the end of the spoon.  If you try this, be warned that gluing the spoon is place is NOT a job for Plumber's Goop!  :down1: I used some long-curing epoxy instead.
http://kmcalls.webs.com/

‘‘To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them...’’

— Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Offline HaMeR

• New Forum Member
    • brightwoodturnings
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 08:25:08 PM »
Now that is purdy cool & I'm sure she loved it. Well done!!  :bigup: :bigup:
RIP Russ,Blaine,& Darrell!!

Glen

2014-15TBC-- 11