Author Topic: Body Work  (Read 1786 times)

Offline Rick Howard

• New Forum Member
Body Work
« on: May 30, 2012, 08:44:30 PM »
Or a body of work.  It has been awhile since I posted any picture of calls I made on THO.  Here is a few that I made and Have picture. 

Honduras Rosewood Small Howler/Distress

Honduras Rosewood Small Howler/Distress

Paduak Distress

left to right: Zebrawood, Claro Walnut, Paduak, Purple Heart Small Howlers/Distress

In life or anything worth partaking, if you have stopped trying to improve you have quit.

Offline Al_at_THO Game Calls

• Owner, THO Game Calls Forums & Store
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
Re: Body Work
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 09:35:13 PM »
Nice classic no nonsense design.  They look like critter getters to me.   Nice work!

Al @ THO

Offline Rick Howard

• New Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 10:17:47 PM »
Thank you Al!  I find beauty in simplicity.  Soft lines and a simple shape keep your eyes fixed on the wood and let it stand out.  I make the calls out of different woods.... I want the wood to be the focus. 

I have sold everything except the Paduak and the Purple heart.  Not a surprise to me.  The Paduak is some interesting wood, as you probably know, when you see it up close.  Unfortunately it is does not photograph well and I think people think it is plain.   The Purpleheart..... is purple.  Not may dudes want a purple call I suppose.  I have only listed them for sale on one forum though. 
In life or anything worth partaking, if you have stopped trying to improve you have quit.

Offline VECtor Calls

• Global Mentor & Moderator
  • New Forum Member
  • VECtor Custom Calls
    • VECtor Custom Calls
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 12:20:14 AM »
Those toneboards look great.  REALLY smooth looking.

Vince
Pass on the tradition. A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.

VECtor Custom Calls
Deer Grunt Calls Turkey Calls and Other Custom Game Calls

Offline Rick Howard

• New Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 10:46:50 AM »
Thanks!  Next to waiting for the finish to dry.... The toneboards take me the longest time.  I sand them from 220-400 then use the micro mesh from 1500-12000.  I am looking for a quicker way, something a little easier on my hands at the moment.