Author Topic: what do you think?  (Read 1833 times)

Offline JandJ

• New Forum Member
what do you think?
« on: April 12, 2011, 10:58:48 AM »
These are a couple of air fresheners that I made. I don’t know if anyone else is making them but I got the idea from a cheep plastic one I bought from Bass Pro and the wood duck whistles that I have seen on here. They were my first ones that I made so I didn’t finish the inside. I also used my wife’s soap oils for the scent but you can pop the brass off and change the scent anytime you want. I use a small rubber band to hold the brass on.

I am also new to this forum so let me take this moment to introduce myself. I love to make furniture but about 1 1/2 years ago I have started to make pot calls. It was so addicting that I started to try other calls as well. I finally decided to sell some so I called my self Wild Game Addiction (I hope that no one is using that name. If so let me know, I'm not trying to upset anyone.). It is not a full time job for me, mainly weekends. My full time job is the US Coast Guard, and I'm a Family man.

Last but not least, I want to say thank you to everyone on this forum. I have learned so much just by looking around and every once and a while I'll ask a question or two. Sorry so long but I wanted to properly introduce myself.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 06:08:24 PM by Braz »

Offline Braz

• THO Game Calls Asst Forum Manager
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Calls by Braz
Re: what do you think?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 12:34:48 PM »
Welcome to the forum. This is the greatest place on the internet for information regarding call making. We have some of the best and most talented calls makers there are. And the big thing that separates this place from all the wannabe sites is we are willing to share our techniques.

A couple of quick issues. I have never used the site where you stored your pictures, I always use photobucket. Not saying it's better, just I'm familiar with it. When using photobucket, if you size your picture to 800x600, then store it on photobucket, then use the image code, you will have a great size picture for the web site here. Your pictures are so small, an old man, with poor eye site, like me, has a real problem seeing them. There is a tutorial on using photobucket in our tutorial section.

Secondly, you may want to consider modifying your profile to indicate where you live. It makes it a lot easier to find folks that live near you for get togethers and visits to help each other learn more and to develop new friends.

Again, welcome, we are really glad to have you.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 07:33:38 PM by Braz »
Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Offline JandJ

• New Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 05:13:53 PM »
I saw what you were saying about the photos being small. I tried the photobucket and I think it's better...Thank you. I also put my location down in my profile.

Offline Braz

• THO Game Calls Asst Forum Manager
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Calls by Braz
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 06:11:57 PM »
As you can see, I fixed your post and got your pictures in it. What you did was just link to your album. Rather, go to the individual picture, click on the bottom box which shows IMG and then paste it in your post. You can do a number of pictures that way and they just show up, as you can see. If you click on edit, you will see what the links look like for the pictures, but don't do anything with them as they are working fine now.
Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Offline JandJ

• New Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 06:33:05 PM »
Wow!!! Thank you.