Author Topic: Dog lead tied like a lanyard  (Read 6843 times)

Offline Lower Creek Game Calls

• New Forum Member
    • Lower Creek Game Calls
Dog lead tied like a lanyard
« on: December 13, 2010, 09:46:06 PM »
I have never tied a lanyard before so this was my first attempt at using paracord.  I made this dog lead as a christmas gift for local hero.  I would like to provide a little information for this local hero.  Abour 4 years ago around this time of year the local SWAT team was called in for a barricaded subject.  She had allready fired several rounds at officers near her house.  When the SWAT team arrived one of there first objectives was to get a phone bag into her house.  So with shields and armour they began approaching the residence.  When the officers threw the phone into her house through a broken window she began firing more rounds.  One of the officers took a 38 special round to the neck.  He is now in a wheel chair for the rest of his life while she only got a couple years due to insanity.  The officers name is Martin Lawing.  He still works at the sherriffs department as a narcotics officer but obviously his SWAT carrier is over.  Since this incident myself and one other medic have been to training in Washington to become SWAT Medics.  I train with these guys everymonth and go out on any SWAT call with them.  All of the guys are like family to me and there is not anything I would not do for them.  The officer that was shot now has a dog that stays with him to help with very basic stuff that we all to often take for granite.  He has not seen his new dog lead but I hope he enjoys it.  It is made out of black and blue paracord.  It was made to resemble the thin blue line which he knows all to well.  It is possible that you may have recognized his name (Martin Lawing) because he was Americas Most Wanted officer of the year a couple years ago.  Anyways just wanted to share a little information about the background to this dog lead.  It is about 4 feet in length.

Here are the pictures:

John Hood
Lower Creek Game Calls
Author of "Today's Call Makers Keeping The Tradition Alive"

www.lowercreekgamecalls.com

Offline VECtor Calls

• Global Mentor & Moderator
  • New Forum Member
  • VECtor Custom Calls
    • VECtor Custom Calls
Re: Dog lead tied like a lanyard
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 12:36:38 AM »
Very impressive work John.  I'm sure he will appreciate it greatly.

Parker
Pass on the tradition. A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.

VECtor Custom Calls
Deer Grunt Calls Turkey Calls and Other Custom Game Calls

Offline jcz

• New Forum Member
  • You want some??
    • Trophygamecalls
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 10:29:24 PM »
Very nice!    :nthrd:
August Call Makers Throwdown Winner
http://www.trophygamecalls.embarqspace.com/

Offline jtm

• New Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 09:54:18 AM »
As a police officer and member of our departments SWAT team -  :thanks:

We use SWAT medics from our local ambulance service and would not go on any call without them.  Thank you for all you do.  I am sure he will love it.
Never go quietly into the night.

Offline Braz

• THO Game Calls Asst Forum Manager
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Calls by Braz
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 11:34:10 AM »
Great looking lead, and thanks for being the kind of guy that will do this kind of thing.  :thanks: We need to be sure that our guys in blue know we love them.
Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”