Author Topic: Made a couple more calls  (Read 4728 times)

Offline Chris @ STW Outdoors

• New Forum Member
Made a couple more calls
« on: October 10, 2010, 01:54:09 AM »
Have to say thanks to the folks on this forum once again. Here are my latest two calls. One wood and one acrylic. The wood is my third call made and the acrylic is my fourth call and it's my first acrylic. I know that I could use some work on finishing and getting rid of tooling marks, but they sound like geese, which it what matters right now. I would like to know if anyone has a preferred method for cutting the lanyard groove in acrylic. I tried my 1/8" spindle gouge and that was almost disastrous. If anyone knows of a better tool for this that would be great. The wooden call looks like two different woods, but they're both Cocobola. I split my blank on the barrel portion and had to use a piece from a different stick. Couldn't have made these without the help of the guys on here.

Chris Wright

Offline M. Yingling

• New Forum Member
Re: Made a couple more calls
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 08:11:59 AM »
Good looking calls  :bigup:

Offline harvey8542

• New Forum Member
  • Team Stubble Stalkers
    • Stubble Stalkers
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 02:31:01 PM »
Very nice looking calls
Great deal on advertising two of your calls for a year on http://stubblestalkers.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php

Offline Honk1493

• New Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 04:13:24 PM »
Nice looking calls!! :2up:     If you have one try a 1/16" parting tool to make your lanyard groove.   Mark
Treat everone like you want to be treated yourself.