Author Topic: OWF Call making contest results  (Read 4807 times)

Offline Bob from Eames Custom Calls

• Global Mentor & Moderator
  • New Forum Member
  • Eames Custom Calls
Re: OWF Call making contest results
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2010, 10:55:59 AM »
We missed ya Jake!

There's always next year Bubba!
 :smartass:

Bob
Don't think I'm at the level yet for a competition.

Well, I didn't think my Goose calls could compete with those guys either, but I threw in 2 hunting call anyway just to get some feedback and help fill out the contest a bit. Both placed well, and one of them took not only first in it's division, but also took best of class! The funny thing is I threw the whole call together with a set of "Frankenstein" guts and wiped the dust off with a rag as I handed it in..... not my best work, but enough to do the job evidently.

I guess what I'm trying to get at with this is that the only thing that is separating you from victory is the fear of failure. I think any of the rest of us that have watched you progress over the years know you have what it takes to compete, but the self confidence to do it has to come from you Bro! Win, lose, or draw, it's something that you can be proud of..... and that's worth it's weight in gold.

I really hope ya throw in next year, as well as alot of these newer guys, because you don't really have to win anything to get something out of these contests. This is just a way for us to come together as a group and gauge our progress against the progress of others. Some of the best contests I have ever entered I didn't win anything, but I got feedback that helped me build better calls and grow as a callmaker.

Sorry about the soap box, sometimes I get to rattlin' on when I haven't slept much :stuart:

Bob
My biggest fear is that I'll die and my wife will sell my callmaking supplies for what I told her they cost.....

Bubba

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2010, 01:15:09 PM »
With a compliment like that, I may have to send something in next year, Thank You!! 

Offline Bob from Eames Custom Calls

• Global Mentor & Moderator
  • New Forum Member
  • Eames Custom Calls
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2010, 01:47:54 PM »
The compliment was well deserved my friend. I look forward to seeing your call next year.

Bob
My biggest fear is that I'll die and my wife will sell my callmaking supplies for what I told her they cost.....