Author Topic: Made a few squirrel calls today  (Read 2955 times)

Offline Braz

• THO Game Calls Asst Forum Manager
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Calls by Braz
Made a few squirrel calls today
« on: June 13, 2010, 08:24:56 PM »
I needed to get out into the shop and turn something after spending so much time getting it clean. I felt bad, as when I went out there, it didn't look like a working shop. It sure does now.  :rofl:  Dang chips all over my nice clean shop.  :down1:

Got these few squirrel calls made up. Was going to make a few more, but the danged temp got to be 94 in the shop and I just decided it was too hot and I'd come back when it's cooler. Each of these calls runs between 3 1/2" and 4" overall in length.

This first one is made from Tuilip wood.

This one is made from Purpleheart.

This one is made from Osage Orange with a few burn lines.

This last one is my favorate and is made from a burl of some kind that I had. Not sure what it is. It has a couple of small inclusions, that I filled with CA and you can see them in the first picture. The second picture shows some of the beautiful grain this call has.

Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Offline M. Yingling

• New Forum Member
Re: Made a few squirrel calls today
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 09:48:48 PM »
Nice looking squirrel calls  :bigup: