Author Topic: The Guild  (Read 11132 times)

Offline dogcatcher

• New Forum Member
Re: The Guild
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2008, 05:38:24 PM »
When the guild was started they tooted their horns saying that it was for all callmakers. that was all that was preached.  They went after all venues of the callmaking field.  Then all at once it seemed that the turkey call venue was the most important and the others were to be second class.  It did not take too long until they decided that the second class was too good for the non turkey callmakers. 

All of the competition rules are derived from the NWTF rules.  Not verbatim, but close enough that if you were read both of them you would think they were both written by the same people.  And heaven forbid if you question how the rules were written.  I received the reply when I questioned them "that is the way it has always been done"  Excuse me, this was a new organization, how could it have always been done that way.  Then I was informed that this is the way the NWTF does it so it has to be right.  When I questioned that, I arrived at another stonewall, well most of the members are turkey callmakers so we have to do what the majority wants.  At this time I was ready to leave and make sure the door did not hit me on the way out.

They suckered me out of my dues money once, that won't happen again.  People have asked me about the guild, my reply is if you are a turkey callmaker first then go for it otherwise save your money.  I have to agree with Al, they do have some great people in the guild, but they also have some snakes in the grass.  The great people are the callmakers, the snakes, well you will have to figure that one out for yourself.

Enough preaching.

Marvin
Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
Old style calls for today's outdoorsman
"Call and they will come."
Helping those that are helping themselves.