Author Topic: First one in five months!  (Read 1508 times)

Offline Aaron at Wingerts Woodworks

• Global Mentor & Moderator
  • New Forum Member
    • Wingert's Woodworks
First one in five months!
« on: April 10, 2010, 12:50:26 AM »
While playing Mr. Mom to the four month old twins tonight since momma's working late, I actually managed to get them both to sleep at a decent hour.  So I took the baby monitor to the garage, cranked the volume up and proceeded to make my first duck call since the last week of November right before they were born.  It felt good to get back into it.  

The barrel is black acrylic with a Gouldman black anodized band.  It has a black Echo insert for now, as it is 11:45, momma's still at work and probably will be there until 3:00am or later (glad I'm not a nurse like her), and the little guys are bound to wake up any minute.  I'll make a black acrylic insert for it one of these days.  

This call will be a gift to my friend Eric, who kindly volunteered to help me move all my big stationary power tools from the garage to the new basement shop.  Not a fun job.  That's definitely worth a call.  

The all black call has me thinking I'd like to make one for myself and beadblast the entire thing to give it a matte finish.

Offline M. Yingling

• New Forum Member
Re: First one in five months!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 10:45:36 PM »
Nice  :bigup:

Offline VECtor Calls

• Global Mentor & Moderator
  • New Forum Member
  • VECtor Custom Calls
    • VECtor Custom Calls
Re: First one in five months!
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 12:08:59 AM »
 :gunsmilie:  Looks like you've still 'got it' after 5 months!

Parker
Pass on the tradition. A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.

VECtor Custom Calls
Deer Grunt Calls Turkey Calls and Other Custom Game Calls