Author Topic: more boxes  (Read 9000 times)

Offline Heirloom

• New Forum Member
  • PASS IT ON
Re: more boxes
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2008, 12:25:11 AM »
Thanks Al. I can tell you for sure it is tough and strong. Your probably right about the spelloing and origin. I can't spell and my memory is horrible. Thanks.

The 2 guys I know with saw mills are great buddies to have. They are always bringing me this and that. The guiy tht gave me the Apitong has a large set up from the skidder to the mill. The other friend has one of those wood miser sawmills. I kinda like that too. He can cut up a log as short as 2 1/2 feet long and 6 inches in diameter. That is really for when you come across those purty little burls or grain in the wood pile. 
Brian Warner
Heirloom Game Calls
 PASS IT ON
318-949-9008
heirloomgamecalls@yahoo.com

Offline Al_at_THO Game Calls

• Owner, THO Game Calls Forums & Store
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2008, 12:35:50 PM »
Yeah, you sound like you have it made!

I have a bowl mill up near my inlaws place.  They make wooden bowls.  Believe it or not, they toss out the burls.  Go figure  :)

Al @ THO

Offline misfire

• New Forum Member
    • misfiregamecalls.com
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2008, 02:26:51 PM »
Yeah, you sound like you have it made!

I have a bowl mill up near my inlaws place.  They make wooden bowls.  Believe it or not, they toss out the burls.  Go figure  :)

Al @ THO

Get them to toss em my way ;D
misfiregamecalls.com

#1700 God bless

Offline Heirloom

• New Forum Member
  • PASS IT ON
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2008, 06:08:49 PM »
You could remind them that it's all down hill from there to Louisiana...Just look on the map....LOL
I also have a friend who does custom cabinets and they toss out all the burl or what we consider the purty grain because it doesn't match the rest of the wood in the cabinets. I get to go diving in his dumpster too. I think the hardest part of finding good wood is finding it in sizes that will work for what we do. The pots isn't too hard but the reed calls can be tough. Most of the wood I come across is only about 1 inch thick. It all depends on what they have in the oworks at the time.
Brian Warner
Heirloom Game Calls
 PASS IT ON
318-949-9008
heirloomgamecalls@yahoo.com