Author Topic: Acrylic Rods / blanks  (Read 2752 times)

Offline Vamp

• Custom Call Maker
Acrylic Rods / blanks
« on: February 03, 2010, 01:59:40 PM »
What are people selling acrylic blacks for? Does it go by the foot or by the blank? I am going to be opening a store on my site and I dont want to kill anyone on pricing or really undercut anyone as well.

Any info would help greatly. Thank you

There will be Reed Material, Acrylic & wood material ans blanks. Also Cork Decoy Material and accessories. Store will be open by March 18th

Offline VECtor Calls

• Global Mentor & Moderator
  • Custom Call Maker
  • VECtor Custom Calls
    • VECtor Custom Calls
Re: Acrylic Rods / blanks
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 02:02:44 PM »
I'd say go to Delvies and get your prices and mark up a percentage from there.  I usually see it sold by the foot.

I buy mine pre-drilled, cut to size from Shell Creek, but I don't know for how much.  Its been a while.

Parker
Pass on the tradition. A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.

VECtor Custom Calls
Deer Grunt Calls Turkey Calls and Other Custom Game Calls

Offline Vamp

• Custom Call Maker
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 02:17:09 PM »
Awesome thank you. I have the prices from my supplier, just really didnt know what to mark it up, Being in the sign industry
I can get pretty good prices on all sorts of plastics. Including cast acrylic sheets and rods.

Ill look into Delvies also, Thanks again

Offline Al_at_THO Game Calls

• Owner, THO Game Calls Forums & Store
  • Administrator
  • Custom Call Maker
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 02:42:51 PM »
You might try looking in my store,   www.thogamecalls.com   

Al @ THO

Offline Vamp

• Custom Call Maker
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 03:12:10 PM »
Al, would I be stepping on your toes by selling the same product on this forum? If its a problem let me know and I wont post on here. I dont want to be disrespectful in any way shape or form

Please let me know either way,
Thank you

• Administrator
  • Custom Call Maker
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 03:39:35 PM »
I ask one thing, and one thing only -

Treat the call makers right.

I have a few other folks who advertise here, and they carry some of the same products I do.   Unlike other forums, we DO NOT charge you to advertise here.   You have two options.   You can send us an E mail to apply to be an advertiser, which gives you a separate place on the forum to list your products and services, or you can post your web site in the General Call Making Forum.

If someone ask about something and you sell it, feel free to let them know you do.   But please do not spam the board by posting in every forum we have about what you have in stock.   That's a no no.   

The whole purpose of this board is to build a community of custom call makers who help each other, learn from each other, and pass the hobby along.   The more choices call makers have for products and services, the better off we will all be.   

I'm not afraid of a little competition, and you have been more than RESPECTFUL just by asking if you could sell here.   So if you have something that the call makers could use, then by all means they should know about it.    This site, belongs to all of us, not just me.   

Good luck with your new venture - I know a lot of call makers will be glad to see one more source of supplies out there.

Al @ THO

• Administrator
  • Custom Call Maker
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 05:28:12 PM »
 :funny:

and one more reason I dont use DEFT   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

AL @ THO

Offline Vamp

• Custom Call Maker
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 07:09:39 PM »
Awesome, Thank you very much for the info, I have another company that some of you guys could benefit from. I make signs, banners and most of all DECALS. So I would like to advertise both on here if that is possible. Is there a form to fill out for advertising? if there is please email it to me at adam@vampgraphics.com and Ill be more then happy to fill it out and send it back.

Thanks again