Author Topic: dvd's? or..........  (Read 3698 times)

Offline nwcatman

• New Forum Member
dvd's? or..........
« on: May 28, 2008, 09:18:53 PM »
new here and just wondered if anyone has uploaded any how-to demos  etc      thanks!
ROF
Retired Old Fart

Offline dogcatcher

• New Forum Member
Re: dvd's? or..........
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 09:28:59 PM »
Check Al's tutorials.  If he doesn't have a tutorial on what you are looking for, just ask.  There is a plenty of talent available to make a tutorials and answer any question.

Marvin
Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
Old style calls for today's outdoorsman
"Call and they will come."
Helping those that are helping themselves.

Offline Braz

• THO Game Calls Asst Forum Manager
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Calls by Braz
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 09:38:15 PM »
+1 on what Marvin said. Read those Tutorials for a real heads up and read all the archives on here. Then begin by asking questions. We are all more than willing to help a newcomer out. And by the way, welcome to the forum. Glad you found us.
Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Bill

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 04:36:10 PM »
NW If you order any reeds they have directions wiith them and show different body and barrel styles
Just remember the directions are just the basics

The reeds will set in a 1/2 inch hole and the tubes on grunts and the adjustable tone boards will slide on a 7/8 tennon 1 inch long and I always use an O-ring on the tube makes a real snug fit.
I always make a 7/8 tennon on the reed end also for a stronger call it leaves a bit more wood between the O-ring and the reed.the directions that you get with the reeds say use a 3/4 tennon
and that is your choice make them how you feel comfortable.I make my barrels 3 1/2 inches long
that puts the reed about 1/4 inch from the end of the barrel and you mouth
the directions also tell you to drill a 3/4 hole the lenght of the barrel that also is up to you
I don't.
On the barrel I start off with a 7/8 hole then step down to a 5/8 the reed will fit fine there and less
area to fill with air when blowing the call

I hope this helps you

Bill