Author Topic: attaching the bellow  (Read 3244 times)

Offline Lower Creek Game Calls

• New Forum Member
    • Lower Creek Game Calls
attaching the bellow
« on: October 05, 2009, 09:26:04 PM »
Hello again everyone!

I just got my order in from Al and man does he treat everyone right.  What a deal I don't plan on buying any more call parts anywhere else. 

Anyways I have one question and it is probably a stupid question but i'm going to ask.  How do you attach the squirrel bellow to the call.  I assume you super glue it but I wanted to ask before I go and mess it up.  One other question when you look inside the below there is a rim about 1/4" down is that where the tenon is suppose to sit or do you slide it past that?  Thanks guys for all help could not do it without your help.
John Hood
Lower Creek Game Calls
Author of "Today's Call Makers Keeping The Tradition Alive"

www.lowercreekgamecalls.com

Offline VECtor Calls

• Global Mentor & Moderator
  • New Forum Member
  • VECtor Custom Calls
    • VECtor Custom Calls
Re: attaching the bellow
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 09:32:21 PM »
I cut a slot in the barrel for that rim to set in.  I cut it deep so my Plumber's GOOP has somewhere to sit.

Its important that you use a flexible glue that will be able to flex with use, and flex with temp and humidity changes with the difference in your barrel material and the rubber bellow.

Its also important to note that the slot will need to fit to each individual bellow.  If you compare several bellows, you will notiice there is a slight difference in the pour used in each one.  If you leave too much room and don't make a smooth transition on your bellow, you will see a gap, if you don't leave enough room, you will notice a bulge where your end of your bellow is connected to your barrel.  This bulge is VERY bad, because it will allow your glue to give out easily.

Hope this helps......Ask questions if anything is confusing.

Parker
Pass on the tradition. A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.

VECtor Custom Calls
Deer Grunt Calls Turkey Calls and Other Custom Game Calls