Author Topic: East Indian Rosewood  (Read 2679 times)

Offline Cigarman

• New Forum Member
East Indian Rosewood
« on: May 19, 2008, 12:59:19 PM »
I am starting to find the shape that I like on the barrel but I am not sure of the stopper.

The finish is CA/BLO and Hut friction polish.

Offline Al_at_THO Game Calls

• Owner, THO Game Calls Forums & Store
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
Re: East Indian Rosewood
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 10:07:10 AM »
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  I have turned some calls in my day that I thought were just plain weird looking but others thought they were great.  It's all a learning experiece.   

My bonkers started out that way.  Got the idea, then tinkered and tinkered and finally it came together for what I wanted the call to look like and perform like.

I think, if you are not satisfied with the shape, then you are on the right track because it forces you to keep working on it.  One day, you will turn something and pick it up and smile real big and say "Nailed It!"  and you will have.   I know too many guys who either rush things or just never settle in on something they are happy with because they dont take the time to keep working on their design.  I dont think you are going to have that problem.  I think the day is going to come where you Nail It too.

Me - I like that call LOL.  But I just like custom calls.   Part of the fasicantion is seeing the creative energy that each call maker puts into his or her work.   It's amazing to me.  I often hear call makers and others say "there are only so many ways to turn a piece of wood", and I know that's just pure BS.  Each of us has his or her own vision, own style, and own ideas about what a call should look and sound like.  That's what sets up appart from the production companies.  That's what makes up Custom Call Makers.

Al @ THO