Author Topic: Help finding cord  (Read 4593 times)

Offline Hayes

• New Forum Member
Help finding cord
« on: July 24, 2009, 10:54:05 PM »
I am looking for some cord for making lanyards on my trumpet yelpers.....I do not do any braiding or anything just a single cord type lanyard...Specifically what I looking for is like duck decoy cord...I want something in solid colors like black and dark green.....needs to be woven and not twisted and be able to thread through an 1/8" hole when doubled....Can anyone point me in the right direction on the web?

Thanks in advance for any help! :thanks:

Hayes
There is no graduation from the school of the outdoors. 
Horace Kephart

In the woods we return to reason and faith.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Braz

• THO Game Calls Asst Forum Manager
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Calls by Braz
Re: Help finding cord
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 11:41:41 PM »
Go to Al's site. He has some all ready to go. Just click on the camo lanyard.

http://www.thogamecalls.com/Merchant/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=TGC&Category_Code=CS3
Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Offline Hayes

• New Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 09:59:19 AM »
Thanks for the help but I need cord that is the same diameter as decoy cord.......I make small turned beads that have 1/8" holes that I then thread onto my lanyrds. All I can find is camo decoy cord and I want black or dark green that will not fade.

I will try and find an example and post it.

Thanks,

Hayes
Horace Kephart

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline BigB

• THO Game Calls Forum Manager
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Byers Custom Calls THO gallery
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 10:17:56 AM »

Try the local Hardware stores, like Ace Hardware or TrueValue.  They may have it.  Our walmart usually carries a nice supply of cords in different sizes.  I've seen cord like that also at some Army Surplus stores, so that's an option too.

Brian
You won't get money rich in this hobby.  The richness is in the culture, the craft, the friends you meet along the way, and being able to call in a wary game animal with a call that you made with your own hands.

Offline Al_at_THO Game Calls

• Owner, THO Game Calls Forums & Store
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 11:03:35 AM »
Cabela's also has decoy cord, and I would think and hunting and fishing store would too.   The best price you might find on it though is Cheaper Than Dirt.   I know they had it in stock last time I got a catalog from them.

Al @ THO

Amerflyer48

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 11:30:03 PM »
Try  supplycaptain.com  look under type 1 cord.. it is smaller diameter than 550 cord

http://www.supplycaptain.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=21  1/16" diameter..

John

Offline Lanyard King

• New Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 04:12:42 PM »
Hayes if you look at my pictures you will see a wooden piece braided onto my lanyards. Those have a 1/8" hole drilled
through them. You can feed the paracord line through the beads. What you will have to do is heat the line about 1/4"
down from the end and while it's hot twist it threw your fingers. Wet your fingers first so it want burn, this will make it
able to feed through the beads. Maybe this will help. OH!! One other think is, you might have to twist the cord as you
feed it through the beads. Try it
Randy Edwards the self proclaimed Lanyard King!!!!LOL
Be sure to check out my other web sites.

www.tklanyards.webs.com

www.flatlineoutdoors.com

Offline Hayes

• New Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 10:49:47 PM »
Thanks for the help.....The web site helped Amerflyer and I am going to try the trick Lanyard King :thanks:
Horace Kephart

Ralph Waldo Emerson