Author Topic: Carving  (Read 4088 times)

Offline Braz

• THO Game Calls Asst Forum Manager
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Calls by Braz
Re: Carving
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2009, 11:46:30 AM »
Upon looking at the picture again, I see another problem. When you did the stippling you followed the mouth with nice even stipples, so when you look at it, there is a big bubble or circle or ball in his mouth.
Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Offline BigB

• THO Game Calls Forum Manager
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Byers Custom Calls THO gallery
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2009, 12:33:39 PM »

Braz,

That's an effect that Brad put into it intentionally.  He shaped the stippling around the mouth area to reflect what the hot air would look like during a long howl on a cold night.  :huh: :whistling:

Brian
You won't get money rich in this hobby.  The richness is in the culture, the craft, the friends you meet along the way, and being able to call in a wary game animal with a call that you made with your own hands.

Yotehntr

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2009, 12:52:11 PM »
 :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: I see what your talking about now!!  :rofl: uh... I mean meant to do it! LOL I didn't even notice that it's like I went a little deeper with it inside the mouth. I could fix that, the ear and hair are my next targets. It'll be a while before I can work on another. I have a couple orders I need to fill (I already put them off playing with this) ... kind of hard not to, I'm really enjoying this. I really appreciate all the comments/critiques guys! It's great to have extra eye's to spot the problems. I'll get it right sooner or later! Hope to get caught up this week and get back after it.   :thanks:

Brad