The Art of Handcrafting Custom Game Calls > Handcrafting Custom Duck Calls

Clear Acrylic

(1/4) > >>

Bob from Eames Custom Calls:
  I am involved with a calling clinic for kids, and one of the things the instructors asked for was a clear barrel so they could show the kids the vibration of the reed as they called. I took a couple of chunks of 1 3/8" clear acrylic sheet and turned them into a complete clear duck call, so the kids could see all of the inner workings on the call. I haven't quite got them as polished as I'd like, but they were kinda cool so I thought I'd post them up. The other call is a Black Locust call I had laying around in the shop when I broke up the inside of the first insert by drilling too fast. I figured it'll make a good hunting call, but the chip out in the clear insert is hard to miss. Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Bob

Troy of Run -N- Gun Game Calls:
Very nice Bob,I like the shape of the clear acrylic call.I enjoy working with acrylic more then I do wood anymore.

Cigarman:
Looks good. I realy like the acrylic and wood combo.  I might have to find some clear acrylic and give that a try. 

HaMeR:
Those are some nice shaped calls. Very nice.  ;D

BigB:

I think they look great!  I just hope that the clear barrel will stay clear long enough for you to show off the reeds working before it fogs up on ya.

That is a very cool thing you are doing with the kids.

Brian

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version