Author Topic: tutorials  (Read 9717 times)

Offline kkbait

• New Forum Member
tutorials
« on: January 21, 2008, 04:23:48 PM »
Al:
  Thanks for posting the tutorials. They are filled with great info. Looks like some good ones yet to come.
thanks for sharing
Dave

Offline Al_at_THO Game Calls

• Owner, THO Game Calls Forums & Store
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
Re: tutorials
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 04:30:23 PM »
My pleasure.  If any one has something they would like to share, I will publish it and give you full credit for the work.  Just let me know.

Al @ THO

Offline GrampasShop

• New Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 08:39:52 PM »
Where are the tutorials? 

I have a photo essay that I put together to show a new call maker and turner how I turn if you want to use it. 

Offline Braz

• THO Game Calls Asst Forum Manager
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Calls by Braz
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 08:56:09 PM »
Grampa, go back to the home page and click on the "Main Site Links Of Interest" and you will find the tutorials and more. Enjoy.
Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

• Administrator
  • New Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 10:32:02 PM »
If anyone has a tutorial that they would like me to post, I will put it in the Tutorial section of the main site, and give you full credit of course.  The more info we can stick on this site, the better off it will be for all call makers.   If Ihave to make an extra tutorial page to handle them all, I can do that too :)

Al @ THO

Offline GrampasShop

• New Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 09:51:41 AM »
Al, here is my tutorial.  If you want to use it fine, if not that is fine too.  Im easy.

http://ImageEvent.com/gampas_shop/callmakingessay 

• Administrator
  • New Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 10:18:13 AM »
Thank You!  I posted it this morning.  Nice job, very very nicely done.  Again, thanks

Al @ THO

Offline rwehuntn

• New Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 10:38:09 AM »
GrampasShop,

Nice tutorial, thank you for sharing.

rwehuntn

Offline Braz

• Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Calls by Braz
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 01:33:38 PM »
That was a great tutorial granpa, I really enjoyed it. Thanks for posting it.
Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Offline GrampasShop

• New Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2008, 02:49:45 PM »
Just keep in mind, this it the way I do them.  If someone sees something there that they would do different, let me know.  Its kind of one of those deals that if its not broke dont fix it. 

• Administrator
  • New Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2008, 03:02:08 PM »
I do them "my way" LOL  and that may not even be CLOSE to the right way or accepted way, but when I started making calls, there was pretty much NOTHING anywhere.  At least this way, we give a few different aprpoaches for new guys, and they can try them and see which one works for them.  I still pikc up new stuff off the boards now and again.   That's what keeps it interesting for me.

AL @ THO

Offline dogcatcher

• New Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2008, 03:19:43 PM »
Al I prefer to use the statement "This is my way, not the right way or the only way, just my way"  But if they don't like it the next time I will show them another version of "This is my way".  I change around how I do things all of the time, always looking for that one little easier or better way to do something.

Kind of like finishes, always on the look out for a new one, always looking for that fast and easy finish.  I know it doesn't exist, but I have to keep trying.  Some say "if it isn't broke don't try to fix it" I say that "there has to be a better way so find it".

Marvin
Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
Old style calls for today's outdoorsman
"Call and they will come."
Helping those that are helping themselves.

Offline Braz

• Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Calls by Braz
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2008, 03:30:29 PM »
Dogcatcher, I agree with what you said. I, too, am still trying to find that correct way to do something. I am now working on using your mandrel for drilling, (a new way for me) and using an expanding mandrel for turning. Still don't know if it is the best way.
Braz