Author Topic: Sprig Whistles Revisited  (Read 2246 times)

Offline Bob from Eames Custom Calls

• Global Mentor & Moderator
  • New Forum Member
  • Eames Custom Calls
Sprig Whistles Revisited
« on: June 16, 2009, 02:20:20 AM »
Ok guys, I figured I start a post since there's alot of the new guys on here have asked about building the Iverson style pintail whistle. My designe was adapted from a set of instructions Pete Wooley left a while back. I played around with a couple of versions before I found one I like. These are great for using up scraps and oversized pen blanks that are too good to toss, but no good enough to use :yes:

Here's a link to the original thread:

http://thogamecallsforums.com/index.php/topic,1499.msg14230.html#msg14230

He explains it pretty well, so if you have any questions, throw them up and I'll do my best to help ya out!

Bob
My biggest fear is that I'll die and my wife will sell my callmaking supplies for what I told her they cost.....

Offline greenwell1978

• New Forum Member
Re: Sprig Whistles Revisited
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 08:21:02 AM »
i found this post myself , the only thing that i cant figure out is how long should the plug be and how much should be flattened before gluing it in the call

Offline Bob from Eames Custom Calls

• Global Mentor & Moderator
  • New Forum Member
  • Eames Custom Calls
Re: Sprig Whistles Revisited
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 10:34:29 AM »
If you read all of the post, he goes on to say the flat spot needs to be about 1/16 deep, and just visible in the first hole. Hope that helps!

Bob
My biggest fear is that I'll die and my wife will sell my callmaking supplies for what I told her they cost.....