Author Topic: wooden dowel Distress call  (Read 2248 times)

Offline John_NY

• New Forum Member
  • I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy
    • J.B. Calls
wooden dowel Distress call
« on: April 24, 2008, 09:38:46 PM »
I went out today to make a barrel to go over the end of my mini howler. When I got back in the house I discovered that I should have taken the mini howler with me for a test fit. The barrel was way too small to fit over the end of the howler. So I just tossed it in my reloading bench. A little while later a light went off and I thought hey maybe one of Al's distress boards would fit in it. Well it fit almost perfect. You can see I knicked the board with the belt sander a little.  :o.. But instead of it just sitting there for who knows how long it is atleast a call. Well kinda.  ;D 

John

« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 12:56:45 AM by John_NY »
Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

JB Custom Calls

Offline Al_at_THO Game Calls

• Owner, THO Game Calls Forums & Store
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
Re: wooden dowel Distress call
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 09:48:19 PM »
I bet you could call coyotes all day long with that thing too.  Sometimes those are the best calls to carry to the woods.

Your order shipped today.   There's a little someting extra in the box for you to play with on that new lathe.  Maybe we'll get to see some calls turned out of some fancy wood next week? 

Have fun and thanks

Al @ THO

Offline John_NY

• New Forum Member
  • I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy
    • J.B. Calls
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 09:56:13 PM »
Thanks Al. That sounds good. I was just over on ebay looking at wood. I can't wait to try my first closed reed. I have read everything on here and the tutorials and most of what I found on the web.

I got a phone number today of a guy about 15 miles from me who sells wood so I gotta give him a call and see what he has. I hope it has more grain than my dowels. LOL.

I almost went nuts last night. I couldn't get this site to load up. I was having withdrawls.

John

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

JB Custom Calls

Offline rwehuntn

• New Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 10:48:54 PM »
Hey we all have made calls that may have a flaw or two, but the noise out the end is what counts. Looks to me like you are doing well.

rwehuntn