Author Topic: o-ring question  (Read 2905 times)

Offline Cigarman

• New Forum Member
o-ring question
« on: April 22, 2008, 06:35:34 PM »
I just finnished a call made with a Hut kit.  (i'll try to get a pic to post later) My question is why does the kit come with two o-rings but the directions only show one being used. Is this an extra or am I missing something?  ???

Offline Braz

• THO Game Calls Asst Forum Manager
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Calls by Braz
Re: o-ring question
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 07:15:05 PM »
Don't know, never did a Hut kit. But my guess is that either it is an extra or they wanted you to put two o-rings on. Just a guess. How about posting a couple of pictures and we can see what you are talking about. Also, we want to see your work.  ;D
Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Offline Bob from Eames Custom Calls

• Global Mentor & Moderator
  • New Forum Member
  • Eames Custom Calls
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 02:04:40 AM »
If you finished one of the hut kits, you're doing better than I did. I was frustrated as hell with that kit, and started ordering insert from Echo shortly after. I'd love to see a picture of a finshed one.

Bob
My biggest fear is that I'll die and my wife will sell my callmaking supplies for what I told her they cost.....

Offline Al_at_THO Game Calls

• Owner, THO Game Calls Forums & Store
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 06:19:48 AM »
Some folks like to use 2 O Rings on the insterts of their calls.  It helps keep the insert from shifting back and forth a little.

AL @ THO

Offline misfire

• New Forum Member
    • misfiregamecalls.com
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 02:56:27 PM »
First call I ever made was a kit from Hut. I finished it, but shouldnt have ;D That thang sounded awful!!!!!!!! But it is a good learner kit. The extra o-ring is just a spare. You dont need to use two of them.
misfiregamecalls.com

#1700 God bless