Author Topic: 2 drop lanyards?  (Read 4441 times)

Offline tc3144

• New Forum Member
2 drop lanyards?
« on: April 28, 2009, 03:33:39 PM »
Hey, I have been making lanyards for about a year or two now.  I am new to this site and I was hoping to get some response.  I have made several lanyards for my family, and some for fellow hunters.  I seem to get a request for a two call lanyard all the time.  I have made them a couple of ways, either both drops out the bottom of the lanyard(the calls seem to get stuck together) or I drop one off each side.  I like to drop one off each side, but I think it looks dumb without the third drop from the middle.  Does anybody have any ideas or some advice for a two drop lanyard?  Thanks

Offline schwert

• New Forum Member
Re: 2 drop lanyards?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 03:57:21 PM »
Well I have only made one.....so keep that in mind.

I don't like two calls clacking together at the bottom of the lanyard.  I prefer mine to come off the sides.  I made a four call lanyard and so far would only hang one....my least used call at the bottom.

My next lanyard is going to be 2 call and a whistle only....both calls on the side, nothing at the bottom, whistle up high on the left.

I am not sure yet how I will bring the thing together at the bottom...

Good luck but I am with you on 4 call lanyards....two clanking around together even if one drop set is longer is not how I am going to make mine.

Offline tc3144

• New Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 05:40:54 PM »
I agree.  I usually make 3 or 5 or some odd number of drops, so the thing looks even, and you have 1 drop at the bottom to bring the thing together.  I can't decide how to bring the bottom together without a drop.  I just think it won't look right.  I can't stand my calls getting tangled.  Especially when birds are overhead.

Bill

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 06:13:17 PM »
My Daughter makes 2 drop lanyards for my deer calls with the drops on the sides different lenghts stopping above the keeper.

She leaves the bottom strings about 3 inches long and put them through a keeper and cut them off flush with the bottom of the keeper,seems to work out pretty good

Bill

Amerflyer48

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 08:02:00 PM »
 Actually had this problem,..here is how I solved it..

I built a lanyard that looked like an upside down U with a bar across it then ran the drops from the U legs  at different heights

the knot work bar spaced it out about 4" (you could also make a wooden cross bar) sort of like a shackle but the bar kept the ends apart and kept traveling down to the drops. It was inspired by an old Bosun's  pipe lanyard.

Sorry I didn't get any pictures of that one .. it was many sea miles ago,  I could draw it from memory if you wish.

John

I usually suggest a 3 or 4 drop lanyard because as a wise man once said...

"2 is 1 and 1 is none"  think it was a GUNSITE ranch thing 

Offline swmohunter

• New Forum Member
    • Ozark Mountain Lanyards
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 10:25:07 AM »
What I have done for a two call lanyard is make your lanyard a circle. Space your calls the way you want,  and maybe even add a whistle drop somewhere. This is the only pic I have of what I am refering to. It's an older pic and has more drops, but you get the picture.

Nathan

Ozark Mountain Lanyards
http://ozarkmountainlanyards.com/

Offline dogcatcher

• New Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2009, 11:34:20 AM »
Most of the hunters that I hunt with only use 2 calls and do not use lanyards.  We use BDU jackets with 4 large pockets we can carry everything we need.  For the few that have to have a lanyard the drops at the bottom are staggered to keep the calls from knocking against each other.
Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
Old style calls for today's outdoorsman
"Call and they will come."
Helping those that are helping themselves.