Author Topic: Lanyard Keepers  (Read 3205 times)

Offline CRose

• New Forum Member
Lanyard Keepers
« on: April 19, 2009, 03:39:45 PM »
I was wondering how everyone else makes their lanyard keepers (the wood piece where the two sides meet up). Right now I drill a 3/16" hole all the way through then drill a 1/2" hole 3/4 of the way through. The 3/16" hole is just large enough for me to slip my bottom two pieces of parachute cord through to make my drops and my half inch is just large enough for me to squeeze the two parts of the four strand braid into ( I use a different size top hole for other kinds of braids). Then I mount the piece in between the spur drive and live center in the lathe and turn/sand to the shape I want.
I was just wondering if anyone else had a better way or if this is kind of how everyone is doing it.

Thanks
--Chad

Bill

Re: Lanyard Keepers
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 04:52:37 PM »
 I drill 3/8 and a 1/2

Amerflyer48

Re: Lanyard Keepers
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 12:05:59 PM »
I am planning my first keeper lanyard,...there may be more depending on how this one turns out

I am planning to pass through the keeper and knot above and below so the keeper might not be a true keeper depending on your definition.
 I saw one once where they wedged a keeper on,.. up top the 2 sides went in and a wedge went between to keep the keeper on like wedging an axe or hammer handle on.

John