Author Topic: Biggest Drill Chuck  (Read 1440 times)

Offline gamberc

• New Forum Member
Biggest Drill Chuck
« on: April 14, 2009, 09:24:19 AM »
whats the biggest drill chucks you have im look to be able to bore a 7/8 hole on the lathe. I can only seem to find a 3/8 and 1/2 drill chuck

Offline dogcatcher

• New Forum Member
Re: Biggest Drill Chuck
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 04:02:00 PM »
You can get drill chucks that will hold up to an inch diameter bits.  But the bigger the holding size the larger the chuck, I have a 3/4" that will almost fill the bed of a Jet mini, by the time you use the larger Jacobs chuck, the 4 jaw chuck and the piece of wood you will need a larger that a mini lathe.  I have a 40" bed on my old Delta and with the both chucks, the drill bit and wood it takes almost all of it to get a hole drilled.

Go to Beaver Drill and Tool Supply   http://www.beaverdrill.com/   Look for Silver Deming drill bits that have the reduced sized shanks, the come in all of the sizes you will need.
Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
Old style calls for today's outdoorsman
"Call and they will come."
Helping those that are helping themselves.

Offline BigB

• THO Game Calls Forum Manager
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Byers Custom Calls THO gallery
Re: Biggest Drill Chuck
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 06:15:33 PM »

Dewalt has large drill bits at most hardware stores.  I have a 7/8" drill bit that has a 1/2" shaft.  I use it in my 1/2" chuck and it works great.

Brian
You won't get money rich in this hobby.  The richness is in the culture, the craft, the friends you meet along the way, and being able to call in a wary game animal with a call that you made with your own hands.