Author Topic: Coasters for Mama  (Read 2746 times)

Offline Braz

• THO Game Calls Asst Forum Manager
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Calls by Braz
Coasters for Mama
« on: March 29, 2009, 12:02:55 AM »
We just redid the living room with new furniture, including new tables. So, I had some nice little chunks of walnut, about 3 1/2" square, so I cut a bunch up square, and 1/2" thick. Then I cut a hollow 3" in diameter to inset some cork in and wallah, some coasters. Cutting the cork was a difficult little chore. I marked a circle on it, then used the bench top disk sander to get them round. They came out pretty good with a bit of patience to fit and sand, fit and sand, etc. I made up a dozen of the coasters.

Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Offline John_NY

• New Forum Member
  • I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy
    • J.B. Calls
Re: Coasters for Mama
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 12:14:07 AM »
That's a neat idea Braz. They look nice.

John
Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

JB Custom Calls

Offline HaMeR

• New Forum Member
    • brightwoodturnings
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 07:42:29 AM »
Yep!! Neat idea!!  :2up:

Suggestion-- Get some of those little felt dots from Lowes or whatever you have out there for feet so you don't scratch the furniture tops. It should be in the hardware section where you find those furniture moving thingies.
RIP Russ,Blaine,& Darrell!!

Glen

2014-15TBC-- 11

Offline Braz

• THO Game Calls Asst Forum Manager
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Calls by Braz
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 12:50:10 PM »
Yep, was thinking of those, but they seem to come loose so easily. I was also thinking of just covering the bottom with felt. Just haven't decided what to do yet. Thanks for the suggestion.
Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Offline HaMeR

• New Forum Member
    • brightwoodturnings
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 10:10:45 PM »
I've used the felt squares too with good results.  :up1:
RIP Russ,Blaine,& Darrell!!

Glen

2014-15TBC-- 11