Author Topic: Jarrah Burl/Antler  (Read 4971 times)

Yotehntr

Jarrah Burl/Antler
« on: April 06, 2009, 01:55:09 AM »
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 01:31:41 PM by Yotehntr »

Offline VECtor Calls

• Global Mentor & Moderator
  • New Forum Member
  • VECtor Custom Calls
    • VECtor Custom Calls
Re: Jarrah Burl/Antler
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 02:13:46 AM »
 :eek:   :wacko:  MY GOODNESS! 

You and BigB just KILL me with your finishes on these callers!  HOW IMPRESSIVE!   :2up:

Parker
Pass on the tradition. A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.

VECtor Custom Calls
Deer Grunt Calls Turkey Calls and Other Custom Game Calls

Offline John_NY

• New Forum Member
  • I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy
    • J.B. Calls
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 02:44:58 AM »
I had to check and no smiley with sunglasses to lower the glare.  :rofl:   What a beautiful call.   :bigup: 

John
Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

JB Custom Calls

Bucko

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 06:12:58 AM »
Awesome Job,I don't see anything about that call that isn't fine,attractive and detailed work.

Offline HaMeR

• New Forum Member
    • brightwoodturnings
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 07:08:49 AM »
 :bigup:  Your calls are nice!!  :2up:
RIP Russ,Blaine,& Darrell!!

Glen

2014-15TBC-- 11

alscalls

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 09:08:56 AM »
From what I saw when we met in Ky. ......these calls have got it all the sound is awesome and the quality looks and feel are wonderful.  :bigup: :bigup: :bigup:
I am amazed every time!

Offline Jeff @ Mutt Calls

• New Forum Member
  • MUTT Game Calls
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 11:08:34 AM »
I don't venture into the Predator section that much. I'm glad I stopped in to visit today to see this magnificent call. Cruising through the site, the Jarrah wood caught my eye and I wanted to check it out.  This call is an absolute work of art!  Congrats on such a fine piece of work.

Mutt
For it is in the Woods, Fields, & Marshes that Retrievers make thier own legends... and become our heroes!

muttcalls@gmail

Yotehntr

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2009, 05:21:59 PM »
Thank you all for your comments! Very encouraging. I've really been trying to improve on my finish's, I've found that buffing the CA finish with MAAS (found as a metal polish at Walmart) on a flannel wheel really puts the shine on.  :yes: Best discovery I've made lately.

Offline BigB

• THO Game Calls Forum Manager
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Byers Custom Calls THO gallery
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2009, 08:50:41 PM »

That burl is exquisite!  :eek:  It looks like you have the CA finish mastered and it really shows well with this call.   :bigup:  Your work is always top notch!

Brian
You won't get money rich in this hobby.  The richness is in the culture, the craft, the friends you meet along the way, and being able to call in a wary game animal with a call that you made with your own hands.

Offline harvey8542

• New Forum Member
  • Team Stubble Stalkers
    • Stubble Stalkers
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2009, 11:47:34 PM »
Wow that looks OUTSTANDING!!!!!!
Great deal on advertising two of your calls for a year on http://stubblestalkers.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php

Bonjour

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2009, 08:09:07 PM »
WOW, that is awesome. Now the big ? Is this one for sale. I would be interested in something like that for my very small collection.     Ryan

Yotehntr

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2009, 10:31:43 PM »
Thank you guys!

Ryan I posted this one up for sale and it disappeared pretty quick. I do have more of the Jarrah burl and antler, if your interested just drop me a note. I'll put another together and give you 1st shot after you see pics. No obligation to buy, and no money up front. I don't operate like that, it would take the fun out of it for me. Thank you very much for your inquiry.

Brad

Offline Repeat

• New Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2009, 04:29:09 PM »
What a pretty :bigup: :bigup: looking call I love antlers and pretty wood together don't think there is pretter call than that real nice job
Repeat
Will Hunt For Food

Yotehntr

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2009, 05:16:46 PM »
Thank you Repeat! I've decided that Jarrah is in one of my top 3 favorites (to look at) finishing it is quite a bit lower on my list. I was working on another one last week, when I backed my live center off the barrel the barrel pulled of my pin mandrel.... couldn't figure out what was going on. The CA had gone through the voids and glued to the center! Had to break it loose and sand like a mad man!

Brad

Offline Repeat

• New Forum Member
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2009, 06:47:39 PM »
What a bummer does the ca finish work on all kinds of wood? I did a cow elk call out of red cedar and I have heck of a time getting good clear coats on this wood seems like it all just keeps soaking in ..I put 3-4 coats of deft clear the 3-4 coats of poly on top of that hitting it with 0000 steelwool between  coats how many coats do you apply of the ca finish...Your call inspired me to try a horn wood call I made a predator call my finish isn't any thing like yours but sure like those wood horn calls....yours is just real nice to look at great job again ..
Repeat
Will Hunt For Food