Author Topic: Frustrating  (Read 3592 times)

Offline swmohunter

• New Forum Member
    • Ozark Mountain Lanyards
Frustrating
« on: March 27, 2009, 02:57:59 AM »
What is harder? Making a lanyard or taking it apart? I recently made a lanyard that didn't look quite right to me. So I decided I would take it apart. Not only did I waste my time, I went to make a cut and cut the wrong cord. I suppose I need to concentrate a little harder and stop trying to multi task when making a lanyard.  :wacko:
Ozark Mountain Lanyards
http://ozarkmountainlanyards.com/

Offline knightmare831

• New Forum Member
  • High Speed Wood Whittler
    • Outdoors Addiction Game Calls
Re: Frustrating
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 10:20:40 AM »
LOL, anything with making a lanyard is hard for me.

Offline BigB

• THO Game Calls Forum Manager
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Byers Custom Calls THO gallery
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 12:16:57 PM »

:rofl:  Been there, done that.

I always multitask when making lanyards.  I've got a jig set up to where I can braid easily while watching TV. 

Brian
You won't get money rich in this hobby.  The richness is in the culture, the craft, the friends you meet along the way, and being able to call in a wary game animal with a call that you made with your own hands.

Amerflyer48

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 08:46:44 PM »
I would have to say taking it apart especially if it is all 1 color  the knots look different when you have to untie them and if you burned a few together its nearly impossible unless you spike the knot to pull a single line and burn the endings apart using the pull strain to open it up.

I have several small "spikes" from different objects to pick apart the knot which help,.. old knitting needles, piece of brake line, an actual mini marline spike , I have even used finishing nails to get a loop started..even then the wrong  :censored: line gets in the way and lets you know after the cut  :censored: :censored:

Usually my  :oops: become "test pieces"  I just untie what I can and use the loose ends to try a new knot or combo I'm dreaming up and the untied part reminds me that it either looks all right or entirely wrong and saves time and effort in the long run since it was waste footage anyways,a plus is that I don't burn spool line trying the next new thing..

John

And yeah its frustrating when you try tying a knot you have tied before and spend a week relearning it  :eek: