Author Topic: Callmakers Supply sold  (Read 3754 times)

Offline Bob from Eames Custom Calls

• Global Mentor & Moderator
  • New Forum Member
  • Eames Custom Calls
Callmakers Supply sold
« on: April 08, 2008, 10:21:35 AM »
Mornin all,

Just saw a post on the CCO forum that Rob sold Callmakers supply. I wonder if he left anyone hangin, or if he finished everyone out. Sounds like it was just too much for him. Just thought everyone would like to know.

Bob
My biggest fear is that I'll die and my wife will sell my callmaking supplies for what I told her they cost.....

Offline John_NY

• New Forum Member
  • I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy
    • J.B. Calls
Re: Callmakers Supply sold
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 01:20:09 PM »
Did they say who bought it and when it will be completed? I see his e-mail address is still on the site. I just got my order finally. i hope the next guy knows how to take care of business.

John
Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

JB Custom Calls

Offline Curmudgeon

• New Forum Member
    • Tail Gunner Duck Calls
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 01:56:59 PM »
I know there are folsk who did business with him a while back and were pleased as punch with his servivce. Seems like he was a nice guy and well respected in the past. I think those of us who tried to do business with him recently saw a man on the brink of burnout and close to self destructing. I know he didn't need the grief and I think he may have done the right thing. I hope it was a possitive ending and a win-win for everyone.
June 2009 Call Makers Throwdown Winner !

Offline Braz

• THO Game Calls Asst Forum Manager
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Calls by Braz
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 02:53:33 PM »
Like was said, I hope the new owners can run it the way it should be run. There were a few products there that I was interested in, and still am. But no way was I ever going to be ordering from them again after the grief I had to take. Will try the new owners though.
Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Offline Al_at_THO Game Calls

• Owner, THO Game Calls Forums & Store
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 02:59:16 PM »
He has been trying to sell the business for awhile now.   When he put it up originally he said it was just too much for him to handle.  I think I agree that he was just stressed out the last few months.  I hope he made a good deal, and that all goes well for him and his family and the new owner has much success.  If I can help the new folks out, I will do what I can, as I am sure all the folks in the call making world will.

Al @ THO

Bonjour

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 05:35:33 PM »
I ordered some parts from Rob recently. It took two weeks to get them, which I don't feel is that bad of  wait time. I feel sorry for him for being bashed so badly on CCO and I wish him the best of luck with his new ventures. I also have been having problems learning how to run the call parts (open reed turkey calls) and he offered me his phone number and was more than willing to help me out. I have no problems with his service and hope he serves everyone else the same that he needs to.     Ryan

Offline VECtor Calls

• Global Mentor & Moderator
  • New Forum Member
  • VECtor Custom Calls
    • VECtor Custom Calls
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 05:47:28 PM »
I wish the best of luck to the new owners.  I hope they don't have to change their business name to clear things up. 

I'll be interested to see who bought it, and how they work to build their supply, and deal with their customers.

Parker
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 05:51:48 PM by Parker »
Pass on the tradition. A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.

VECtor Custom Calls
Deer Grunt Calls Turkey Calls and Other Custom Game Calls

Offline Walls Calls

• New Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 09:07:28 PM »
I think the new owners should know about his problems these last few months.  If not they are  in for a surprise.  :o  What pissed me off about the whole deal is he continued to have 10 items a day ending on Ebay but couldn't ship orders for the rest of us.

CW