Author Topic: Mesquite Owl Call[double tenon]  (Read 3610 times)

Bucko

Mesquite Owl Call[double tenon]
« on: March 09, 2009, 01:23:12 PM »
It's been awhile since I posted any pics. so I thought while I was making a lunch I'd snap a couple of pics. of an Owl Hoot I made out of Mesquite wood.I've been making some snug tenons and I thought if one tenon was snug then two on the same length would be tight.So how to do it?After looking at a previous made call for thoughts I decided to use a longer band to form the 2ed. tenon area.To get the length of band I used a 1" copper sweat coupling cut in half which would make the outside tenon while the inside tenon would be made the standard way.I also used a 1" sweat copper cap for the end with a 1/4" hole drilled into it to control the back pressured air to form the sound.This call has a heavy,solid feel also with the copper fittings.                

Offline John_NY

• New Forum Member
  • I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy
    • J.B. Calls
Re: Mesquite Owl Call[double tenon]
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 01:44:08 PM »
That is one neat looking call.

John
Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

JB Custom Calls

Offline Al_at_THO Game Calls

• Owner, THO Game Calls Forums & Store
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
Re: Mesquite Owl Call[double tenon]
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 04:51:17 PM »
Man you are not kidding Parker - that is a nice one!   I like the "thinking outside the box" with the bands and tennon too.   The call came out really sharp!

Al @ THO