Author Topic: Hays Brass Ringe  (Read 3921 times)

Offline s wuebber

• New Forum Member
Hays Brass Ringe
« on: March 04, 2018, 07:53:52 PM »
I’ve been reading old posts, and have read about the brass ringer tool. Wasn’t able to view any pictures due to photobucket.
 Does anyone have any info on this? Sure seems like it could be a great method to keep a band on.
 Recently was refinishing a wooden call, the band was loose but despite heating the band it couldn’t be removed, seemed it was crimped to fit a convex shape on the blank.
Cupped Wings!

ben

Re: Hays Brass Ringe
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 08:04:03 PM »
Make contact with BigB on this forum and he can give you an up date.

ben

Offline BigB

• THO Game Calls Forum Manager
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Byers Custom Calls THO gallery
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 09:48:30 PM »

I bought the rights to make the tool from Billy & Ed. I've been side tracked, but still have plans to get the tool back available to the public. I had someone helping me detail the prints, but they moved across the country. I need to follow up with where he is at with them.

Brian
You won't get money rich in this hobby.  The richness is in the culture, the craft, the friends you meet along the way, and being able to call in a wary game animal with a call that you made with your own hands.

Offline s wuebber

• New Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 05:54:13 PM »
Brian,  do you have any pictures that you can post? All the previous pictures that we’re posted are photobucket and I haven’t been able to find a workaround to view them on my iPad.
 I’m picturing  some type of a crimper 1 1/4 in diameter but seems a read something about a roller.

Cupped Wings!

Offline BigB

• THO Game Calls Forum Manager
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Byers Custom Calls THO gallery
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 01:15:55 PM »

Let's see if this works. The outer edges of the wheel crimp the band onto the barrel as the lathe rotates.

Brian
You won't get money rich in this hobby.  The richness is in the culture, the craft, the friends you meet along the way, and being able to call in a wary game animal with a call that you made with your own hands.

Offline s wuebber

• New Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 09:41:23 PM »
Thanks for the pic, sorta like roll forming. If you get rolling with this..let me know.
Cupped Wings!

Offline Lon @ First Flight Game Calls

• New Forum Member
  • love that quack whackin'
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2018, 04:30:21 PM »
Try this for pictures: (this is from Ben at LaGrue calls)

Fix for PhotoBucket Picture viewing!!!!!
« on: October 16, 2017, 09:14:18 PM »
I've been pretty bummed as of late to see all of photos from past threads 'locked out' by Photobucket and their latest 'extortion' attempt.

This has been painful not only on this forum, but on forums for other hobbies I participate in.

A poster in one of the other forums found and posted the following. You have to use the Chrome or Firefox browsers to make it work, but I think it is worth it!

If you're using Google Chrome, go to the three dots on the right side of the screen and click them. A drop down should appear. Hover your mouse over "More Tools," and when the next drop down appears, click on extensions. Go to the link towards the bottom that says "Get more extensions." In the search box, type "Photobucket Fix," and hit enter. Click the install button and once it's done, you should be able to see photobucket pictures again.

For FireFox users, click on the three bars on the right side of the screen, then click on add ons. Click search for "photobucket hotlink" and click install. Same result."
I am using Chrome. I had a choice of three fixes pop up. I chose the first one. I just looked at an old thread of mine and also Some others and I can see all the pics in both.

I have installed this fix and can now see all the photos in the threads!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 04:32:25 PM by Lon @ First Flight Game Calls »
Government can't solve the problem...Government is the problem. Reagan

Good work ain't cheap and cheap work ain't good!