Author Topic: Starting dimensions Arkansas duck call  (Read 3309 times)

Offline N.Koster

• New Forum Member
Starting dimensions Arkansas duck call
« on: August 30, 2017, 02:04:54 PM »
As a newbie in call making I started to make a jig and mandrels. Now I want to start with my first call using the tables I found a while ago on this forum. Unfortunatly the tables are gone and replaced with the 3rd party hosting icon. Can someone tell this dutch guy where he can find some starting dimensions for an Arkansas call. My jig has a 16 mm hole. The mandrels are 16mm and 6,5 mm. Would be nice if the first one produces some sound.

Offline LagrueCustomCalls

• New Forum Member
Re: Starting dimensions Arkansas duck call
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 09:56:28 AM »
Koster, you can check out the link below. Go to the articles section and read 'All About Jigs'.

Beyond the drawing, or buying a public jig, I don't think anyone is going to give you the dimensions of their call. That is something you have to figure out on your own (just like all the rest of us have).

One dimension that most (not all) duck calls are made on today is the bore of the barrel. Most use a 5/8" bore (15.87mm).

BTW, the 3rd party hosting icon is a result of the photo hosting company now demanding large sums of money from the original poster (myself included) to have the pictures shown again.
There's a duck call in that block of wood. I just have to find it!

Offline N.Koster

• New Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 01:02:29 PM »
Lagrue thanks for the explanation. Sorry for asking the big secret I was not aware. I hoped to find the tables I found in the past in one of the posts.
The jig I made is metric 16 mm. I'm convinced I will get a sound out of it some time some how.

Offline LagrueCustomCalls

• New Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 05:54:11 PM »
Just realized my link did not attach.

Have a look at this, it should help.

http://www.customcalls.com/
There's a duck call in that block of wood. I just have to find it!