Author Topic: Start of 1st grunt  (Read 4914 times)

Offline Emery Plumley

• New Forum Member
Start of 1st grunt
« on: June 01, 2017, 11:26:41 PM »
Ordered the guts for my first grunt from Al here and should be starting on it next week. Would be this week, but I'm heading up to Quincy IL to catfish the Mississippi this weekend.  My son and I both have Vector grunts, if mine sound half as good as his, I will be happy.

Offline Al_at_THO Game Calls

• Owner, THO Game Calls Forums & Store
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
Re: Start of 1st grunt
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 08:31:32 AM »
Vince uses the same kits you bought, but I'll have to admit, he adds a little Magic to them.   I'm sure yours will turn out great!  Make sure to post a photo when you get them done!

AL @ THO

PS - thanks for the order!

Offline VECtor Calls

• Global Mentor & Moderator
  • New Forum Member
  • VECtor Custom Calls
    • VECtor Custom Calls
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 02:20:39 AM »
Just like any kit, the difference is the extra time spent with the call. Not just plug and play and hope for the best.

One of my favorite thread starts on this forum was my first 'go ruin some guts in the off season' thread.

Figuring out why things really tick makes a huge difference. Guys like Brent Hoover are the masters of this "why things tick" concept by always making their own guts to go with their own calls. Over the top impressive detail.
Pass on the tradition. A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.

VECtor Custom Calls
Deer Grunt Calls Turkey Calls and Other Custom Game Calls

Offline Emery Plumley

• New Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 03:40:41 PM »
Thanks...I'm going to give it a shot. Vince is always there when I text him for advice, so I am sure I will be getting back with him.

Al...I'll be checking for when you get the squirrel kits back in stock, itching to try them also