Author Topic: Need Help Picking out Tools  (Read 17006 times)

WParkerEllis

Re: Need Help Picking out Tools
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2017, 09:39:53 PM »
Concerning a band saw, what is the ideal size, 12 inch?

I would look at a 14 inch. Grizzly has some nice ones as does Rikon.

Good to know. I have a thing for older tools, so I'm going to keep an eye out for something thats 14 in thats old school.

Offline Jeffrey Towler

• New Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2017, 10:44:24 AM »
Hi

where can I get a drill chuck for my Jet jwl-1015 lathe .new to wood working. does the 1/2 chuck fit this lathe

regards
Jeff
jeffreytowler@hotmail.com

Offline majordog

• New Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2017, 10:55:32 AM »
If its MT2, Harbor freight caries a Jacobs chuck with an MT2 shaft.  I use them.
Don Anadell  Backyard Custom Calls

Offline Jeffrey Towler

• New Forum Member
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2017, 11:52:49 AM »
Thank you Sir

Offline rmartin

• New Forum Member
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2018, 08:14:06 AM »
So I am new to call making but not decoy carving or hunting, but, my question here is, I have seen mention a couple times to go to the State forum where you are from to find local call makers.  I have tried everything I can and still cant find the State forum thread.  I am looking for folks in Idaho, near Idaho Falls if there are any call makers around here that I can connect with for help and watch them turn a few calls when I need the help.  Any information for this State thread would be appreciated.  Thanks

Offline s wuebber

• New Forum Member
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2018, 08:22:52 PM »
I hope you find someone who takes you under their wing. And will share some tips and techniques.
 For many of us it’s been trial and error. The tricks of the trade are well guarded by some and are what makes the difference.
 I don’t remember seeing a state forum here. Perhaps it was available during this sites heyday.
Cupped Wings!

Offline Al_at_THO Game Calls

• Owner, THO Game Calls Forums & Store
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2018, 05:39:08 AM »
Some of the boards were archived due to lack of activity and they no longer exist.  Try posting in the General Call Making forum and ask if anyone is from where you live.

Al @ THO

Offline rmartin

• New Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2018, 09:38:52 AM »
Thanks everyone, they must have been archived, to bad. I've been working with a maker in Illinois and I am in Idaho, but, his information and help on starting items etc has been invaluable.  Hope to meet some makers around the Idaho area and be able to bounce info off them as I get started.