Author Topic: Weld-On  (Read 2401 times)

Offline Jared at Woodruff Outdoors

• New Forum Member
    • Woodruff Outdoors
Weld-On
« on: March 06, 2017, 04:40:46 PM »
I was all ready to buy a can of Weld-On 4, and after talking with Kellie at Midland Plastics, I am thinking Weld-On 16 might be better.  I have never used either, so I wanted to get some experienced opinions before I spend money.  She said number 4 is thinner than number 16.  Does one actually work better than the other as far as bond?  If I go with number 4, what is the best application method? Actually, what is the best method of application for either type?

Jared

Offline LagrueCustomCalls

• New Forum Member
Re: Weld-On
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 09:47:56 PM »
Interested in the answer here.
There's a duck call in that block of wood. I just have to find it!

Offline Greg at PTDO Game Calls

• New Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 06:13:05 PM »
I've never used the 16 so I don't have any input with it. I've used the 3 with great results. It is thin and it say's it's fast setting. Ive used it to attach pen blanks tp bigger blanks for making duck inserts. Never had one fail or break. My only advise is make sure your cuts are super smooth. I wet sand the sides that are going to be attached. If you buy it get the bottle with the needle applicator gently squeeze as you slowly move around the joint and stop when some starts coming out of the joint. Good luck with which ever way you decide. There are a lot of youtube videos on it to help.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 07:07:05 PM by Greg at PTDO Game Calls »

Offline Moonpiecalls

• New Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 10:37:02 AM »
I have only used 16 so far and makes a great bond for acrylics it seems.  Supposed to cause a molecular bond between the acrylics they say.  Havent had any issues yet

Offline Aaron at Wingerts Woodworks

• Global Mentor & Moderator
  • New Forum Member
    • Wingert's Woodworks
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 12:37:23 AM »
Weld-on 16 for me.  If you ever built model airplanes as a kid, the 16 is the same consistency as the glue you used for those models.