Author Topic: Why . . . ?  (Read 2734 times)

Mike S

Why . . . ?
« on: December 19, 2016, 05:08:14 PM »
Why do there be so few call makers who make Louisiana style calls?  I make single and double reed Arkansas style calls and am interested in making Louisiana style calls too, but there does not seem to be a jig maker out there.  Anyone know of one?  Also, for anyone who's ever made one, are they difficult to learn to make and difficult to learn to master making?

Offline ken hubbard

• New Forum Member
Re: Why . . . ?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 11:11:15 AM »
   The reason I stopped building La style calls was the Arkansas style is more popular and much easier to sell.  For me that's the only reason, I still build a few every year, but not many !!!!!!!!!!!...............Ken

Offline COsby

• New Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 11:21:08 AM »
Louisiana style calls are a dying breed. If you have good enough Arkansas calls all the birds will be dead and you won't have any in Louisiana. Next will be the Missouri or Tennessee style calls... Lord help us if we get to a Canadian style call!

Offline Michael @ RK Custom Calls

• New Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 12:06:21 PM »
Louisiana style calls are a dying breed. If you have good enough Arkansas calls all the birds will be dead and you won't have any in Louisiana. Next will be the Missouri or Tennessee style calls... Lord help us if we get to a Canadian style call!

:stickman1:
“When you men get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy” - General James "Mad Dog" Mattis