Author Topic: I gotta vent  (Read 5093 times)

Offline John_NY

• New Forum Member
  • I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy
    • J.B. Calls
I gotta vent
« on: April 03, 2008, 01:37:29 PM »
     The place I normally order from still has not shipped my order which is now 3 weeks old. I e-mailed that person and his answer was simply. I'll get to it soon and was told I should learn to relax and understand business. I do understand when you don't ship for 3 weeks and claim to have all items in stock there is something wrong.  I'm starting to think I will never get my order. I'd like to tell him off but am afraid I'd never get my order. I did ask him for a refund as he had not sent my order yet and he refused and told me to be more patient. Am I out of line after 3 weeks?

On a lighter note. I placed a couple small orders from Al over the weekend and everything is going fine. You need more delrin Al. LOL.   

Thanks for letting me vent.
John

Al:  In case you are thinking "John" I didn't get an order from John. My first name is Morris but have always since the 50's been called by my middle name "John". I guess being a Jr. It was easier on the family to use my middle name.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 01:44:42 PM by John_NY »
Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

JB Custom Calls

Offline Al_at_THO Game Calls

• Owner, THO Game Calls Forums & Store
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
Re: I gotta vent
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 01:58:58 PM »
Well, you placed three orders with me, they should arrive today.  I was able to get them all in one box, and save you on the shipping.  I refunded you 12.00 through paypal because of it.

I will have more delrin next week, but if it is something you need, just shoot me an e mail.  The place is about 10 minutes from me and I can run over and pick it up anytime if I need too.  I try to do all my "runs" on the same day every couple weeks, but if it is an emergancy and I can get it locally, just let me know and I will take care of it for you.

I wonder if the vender was Call Maker Supply that you are having trouble with?

AL @ THO

Offline Curmudgeon

• New Forum Member
    • Tail Gunner Duck Calls
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 02:12:50 PM »
Sure sounds like Call Makers Supply. You have to wait for him to do a call makers background check on you to determine if you are "Worthy" of his merchandise.
June 2009 Call Makers Throwdown Winner !

Offline John_NY

• New Forum Member
    • J.B. Calls
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 02:14:53 PM »
Al:   I got the paypal notice about the refund today. Thank you very much for that. That's what prompted me to write this. You are a stand up guy and good business practice is always appreciated. I have enough delrin for right now atleast. I'm trying to get a jig made for my soundboard so I don't waste anymore material. LOL.

Yes you are correct on the other place that is extremely slow on shipping. I was really shocked when I couldn't get a refund and was told to be patient. I think waiting 3 weeks is being very patient by me. Anyway he's done. I'll never order from him again.

I don't know about others but where I live in the sticks without the internet I wouldn't be able to get anything. There is no place around here to buy delrin or mylar or anything else I use. In fact the guy at the plumbing place wanted to know what in #%$^ is Delrin. LOL.  I want to buy a lathe so that will probably be an ebay buy. You can't buy one here locally without giving them your first born son as a down payment. I like doing antlers but I want to start turning as well.

John

Just got my order Al. Time to get out in the shop. Thanks for such fast service.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 03:32:02 PM by John_NY »
Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

JB Custom Calls

Offline VECtor Calls

• Global Mentor & Moderator
  • New Forum Member
  • VECtor Custom Calls
    • VECtor Custom Calls
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 08:46:02 PM »
     The place I normally order from still has not shipped my order which is now 3 weeks old. I e-mailed that person and his answer was simply. I'll get to it soon and was told I should learn to relax and understand business.

Unfortunately, it only took me reading this far to know who the supplier you were talking about was.  That's unfortunate.  I got my stuff, but it was slow coming.  I know others have never had anything show.

Parker
Pass on the tradition. A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.

VECtor Custom Calls
Deer Grunt Calls Turkey Calls and Other Custom Game Calls

Offline Walls Calls

• New Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 10:13:38 PM »
I too have had problems there.  He told me the relax I'll ship it tommarow. I emailed him a week later asking for a refund. He shipped the next day. Keep on him.  I'm not sure if it is my generation or the area I live in that makes me "need" everything right now.  Back in the old days you mailed an orderform out of the catologe and waited for the next month for it to arrive.  Now I can go online order, and expect shipping within a few days.  However.....we have vacationed in areas.....lets say below the M/D line.....where we ordered some drinks and I'm not sure if the waitress has delivered them yet.

CW

Offline Braz

• THO Game Calls Asst Forum Manager
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Calls by Braz
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 11:18:54 PM »
John NY, if you are looking for a lathe, be sure to keep an eye on Amazon.com. They frequently have some good sales on there and often times with free shipping. Great place. Just be patient and see what the sales say. For instance, right now, the Delta LA200, a very nice midi lathe, is on sale for $188.60. I use the Delta LA200. The Jet 1014I is $249.99. Both are eligible for free shipping. Keep you eyes on Amazon.com for your purchases. Check them out for your chucks too.
Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Offline John_NY

• New Forum Member
    • J.B. Calls
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 11:37:44 PM »
Thanks Braz:  I'm keeping my eyes open. I'm sure I'll find the deal I'm looking for if I just stay patient. I check amazon and a few other places every few days.

Walls Calls:
      I got my oder but it took 3 weeks and lots of e-mails and paypal threats but I got my stuff. I must say the soundboards were not worth the stamp to send them IMHO.

John

JB Custom Calls