Author Topic: Feeling Frustrated  (Read 1877 times)

Offline SG Watkins

• New Forum Member
Feeling Frustrated
« on: July 25, 2016, 03:07:11 PM »
Well, after spending a couple of years perfecting turkey slates to sound to my liking, I started out trying to figure out how to make a duck call.  My first try sounded horrible.  I followed all the tutorials as best I could but man I was disappointed.  The harder I tried to blow the call, the higher pitched it got with back pressure.  Next time anyone is in South Georgia, please stop by and show me what I can do improve myself!

Offline LagrueCustomCalls

• New Forum Member
Re: Feeling Frustrated
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 10:17:31 PM »
Keep at it. I made my first call almost 30 years ago and I still learn something new all the time.

I bet you made a fair amount of scrap with your first turkey calls, be ready to do the same for ducks!
There's a duck call in that block of wood. I just have to find it!

Offline BigB

• THO Game Calls Forum Manager
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Byers Custom Calls THO gallery
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 09:51:54 AM »

Don't let the frustration get to ya. Everyone learning toneboards goes through that, so you aren't alone. You will probably make 30 or so toneboards before it all starts to make sense. It's just part of the process for what it takes. Stay determined. You will get through it, and you will feel proud of your accomplishments when you get done.

If you get stuck on something, post pictures of your toneboard here, and describe what the problem is. There's enough experience around that can see where the issue is, and give some guidance on what to try next.

Brian
You won't get money rich in this hobby.  The richness is in the culture, the craft, the friends you meet along the way, and being able to call in a wary game animal with a call that you made with your own hands.

Offline Scott Ward

• New Forum Member
  • Steelbyrd
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 11:24:15 AM »
The frustration now, will result in more satisfaction when something good happens.
Steelbyrd